Chapter Nineteen

Cole POV

Mikaela shared what her pack had discovered. Apparently, there was a mole in her pack and her Beta Tony had recently narrowed down the suspects to five members of her pack. two warriors and three omegas. They were still trying to lead them out. I had a feeling that there were more suspects.

I had Linked Tom to come over, as our best strategist, he helped us plan what to do next, and maybe he could profile the traitor in Crescent Moon.

Alpha Ulrich was also very helpful, as much as I hated to admit it, it was true. His pack was a warrior pack just like ours, so he knew a thing or two. Since Blue Moon was closest to the human town, we would do the scouting. Mikaela wanted to do it herself, but it was clear Crescent Moon could not be trusted with this mission because they had a traitor. Alpha Ulrich's warriors and scouts had trained them for the past months and Mikaela trusted they could do it, but My father and Alpha Ulrich voted no.

It hurt deeply that Mikaela asked for his help and not ours. We are a warrior pack too; we could have trained them. But I get that Blood Moon Pack has a better reputation as a warrior pack.

Mikaela linked her beta details as we discussed. We would attack before my ceremony. Since my Territory was nearest to the human town, Blue Moon would attack from here, and to not raise suspicions, Blood Moon would join us and attack from here too. We could not allow the traitor in Crescent Moon to find out about this attack.

- We need a way to communicate before, during and after we ambush the rogues. - Alpha Ulrich said.

- You're right. We need to be perfectly coordinated. - Mikaela agreed. - The rogues use enchanted rings that let you link the portrayer of other rings from the same bash. Asher had one, but we lost it. We think his accomplice has it.

- I've heard of those, since we're connected to our packs, it should be enough for the Alpha's to carry them. All though we need a sorcerer to obtain them. I only know two packs that could reach one - Alpha Ulrich said.

Only the royal Pack and Blue Moon Pack had a "family" Sorcerer. Wizards and witches liked freedom and it was rare for them to fend loyalty to any family of supernaturals. The story of why Scarlett stood next to Blue Moon is only known by the Alpha and the Luna of a pack, so I don't know it yet.

- How lucky for Crescent Moon to be allied with Blue Moon. I know for a fact the rings work because I happen to have three. - My father shared with them.

From generations past, we had five rings that were siblings and linked each other. One was in Scarlett's possession, and one was with the Alpha of Blue Moon. The other three were never needed in my lifetime until now. I didn't know my father intended to share all three of them.

- Since I'm still Alpha of Blue Moon, I will wear one, the other two should go to Crescent Moon since our alliance is with them. I hold you accountable for the whereabouts of those two rings Alpha Mikaela. - My father told her.

He'll just share two. That's good. Mikaela looked towards Alpha Ulrich.

- Can I trust you to return the ring once the battle is over? - She asked him.

- I shall give it back to you. - Alpha Ulrich said to her and to my father.

- Then that's one less thing to worry about. – Mikaela said.

We spent the next couple hours working together on a plan to attack the rogues. But I could not focus. Having Mikaela be my second chance mate and her not realizing it was driving my wolf and I insane. We wanted to claim her. But she was oblivious to the fact I was her second chance mate. And we could not just forget the situation with the rogues.