Chapter Five

Cole POV

Birds woke me up. Or better said, their singing. Stupid birds. I was resting so peacefully.

The memories of the night flooded my brain. I opened my eyes in shock. I was still at the lake, but the sun was rising. It wasn't out yet, but its light brought life to the woods.

I still felt Mikaela next to me. I decided to get up and stretch. I hadn't slept in wolf form in so much time. It felt good. I was really well rested.

I heard Mikaela move and I turned to her.

I saw a little shock in her deep blue eyes. She was worried. She obviously needed to go back to her mate. I hope us sleeping next to each other wouldn't push her away.

She stretched her beautiful black wolf as she yawned. The worry was gone from her.

"She also had a good night with us!" My wolf was excited. I ignored him. I would not get hope because of that. She was a mated wolf and that was that.

She looked to the east, probably wondering time and looked at me. I knew we should head back. I motioned my head indicating the way to the pack house and she nodded.

Time to head back. Just Fucking great.

Should I run or should I walk? I wanted to run with her, but I didn't want to reach the pack house. In wolf form, it was a short five-minute run. Walking would be at least twenty minutes. I started slowly, to let her take off and run if she wanted, then I would run too. But she didn't. She walked at my pace. I smiled.

"She likes us!" My wolf declared. He was getting to my head.

I liked walking with her, she gave little hops like a happy puppy. And squeezed the soil in her paws. I guess she was enjoying the texture.

Before long we were on the edge of the forest, and I could see the pack house. She stopped. I looked back at her trying to guess what was wrong. I couldn't guess anything, she just looked at me with her beautiful blue eyes.

I walked to my clothes and looked back. She was still staring at me. Was she gonna see me shift? Why did I want her to see me?

She looked down at the clothes in my teeth and I realized her problem. Did she forget where she put her stash of clothes?

I motioned her to turn around, hoping she would understand, and she did. I shifted and dressed from my waist down. Then I walked to her and gave her my buttoned shirt.

I walked out of the trees and waited for her. I could see her slim frame in the distance. Why wasn't she coming out?

- Good morning Cole – said a voice I recognized belonged to Beckett.

- Good morning – I answered.

He was walking towards the trees where Mikaela was with a blue dress in his hands, which he threw in her direction and turned around back to me.

She didn't like my shirt? Though I'm glad she called Beckett and not Asher. I would punch me if I was him.

- Your shirt was a little short. – Mikaela had reached us and gave me my shirt.

I put it on and looked at her. She was barefoot in a long blue dress which came to her ankles and that brought her eyes out. Her hair was falling down her back. She was perfect.

- Sorry about that – I said.

- It's my fault for shifting with clothes on. – she said. So that's what happened to her clothes.

- You gotta stop doing that Mikaela. Those were the only sneakers you brought. You wanna pass the entire week in heels? – Asked Beckett.

Mikaela just glared at him. I suppose she chose the link to let him have a piece of her mind.