Chapter Eleven

Mikaela POV

- I met Asher, three and a half months ago – I start.

- I had just arrived at the pack house for my summer vacation. My Father picked me up at the airport and drove me home. The moment I stepped in the house; I was hypnotized by a wonderful cinnamon smell. - I remember being enchanted by it. I remember looking into those stormy gray eyes for the first time. I thought it was love at first sight. He was so handsome. His ash blonde hair was combed back, it was a little long on the top, but short on the sides. His golden white skin stood out in his tight black V-neck T-shirt, teasing the shape of his abs. His jeans could barely fit his toned legs and I loved looking at him.

- He was the most perfect man that my eyes had ever seen. My wolf cried mate and I threw myself in his arms. I knew he was supposed to love me and protect me, because that's what mates do. So, I didn't think twice before I kissed him. And he kissed me back, and I thought it was love at first sight. – I started crying remembering the sparks I felt when I touched him, when I felt his soft lips on mine, when his tongue explored my mouth. – We did not care that we were in the middle of the living room. And he didn't seem to care that he was in the middle of a video game. – I feel stupid now, for diving in head first.

- My father had to clear his throat several times and very loudly for us to part. He told us his name and that he never met his parents. He was born in the pack but we hadn't crossed paths for many reasons.

- He was an omega you see, always carrying duties for the pack. Mainly a messenger and on the few vacations I had had the past three years of school, we never met until that day. My father thought it was strange, but I did not care. I had finally found him. Nothing else mattered to me. And that very same night we nearly consumed the mating process. I could not take my hands off of him, and I thought he was the same. – I cried again and it took some minutes to gather myself before I continued. I was remembering that night.

- But it was not what I expected...He... He wasn't gentle. – I remember there was no foreplay, he didn't wait for my body to be ready, to naturally lubricate. Even though I asked him to, more than once. I should have noticed he didn't care about me at that moment. – It hurt, he hurt me when he penetrated me. I tried to focus on the tingles of his touch, but I couldn't. He just took me and marked me. – Scarlett got up and moved next to me. Taking my hand in hers.

- When he was done... he just... left. – I remember that feeling of being used. He didn't stay the night; he didn't hug me. He didn't bother to know if I had enjoyed it. I didn't even mark him back.

It wasn't supposed to be that way.

– I wanted it to be perfect... the moon goddess chose him for me. It was supposed to be perfect. – I continue while she squeezes my hand. – I wanted it to work... I tried to be happy, I wanted to enjoy the sex... I tried, I tried so much. I even thought something was wrong with me... I thought it was my own fault I couldn't enjoy intimacy with my mate. – My breathing is really uneven and I stop talking again. Scarlett gives me a cup of tea, but I don't take it. She waits in silence for me to recover.

- But after a week, he was distant. He pushed me away, for three days he said he was busy getting ready to be the new Alpha. I tried to wait for him in our bedroom, but he rarely slept there. He didn't want sex anymore. I felt I wasn't good enough for him... that he didn't want me because I could not orgasm with him. – Now, I don't understand how I let him make me feel that way.

- That's when we were attacked... the Beta and my father were murdered by rogues! – there was a knot in my throat. It was painful to relive the moment I saw my father's body lifeless. – He wasn't supposed to die yet, he was murdered. I don't even know how they managed to get by our patrol teams. And some of the rogues escaped. – I was still tracking them. I will avenge my father. – I remember feeling grateful that I... that at least I had my mate at a moment like this... grateful that I had him to support me... I needed him so much.