Chapter Three

Cole POV

I left the party when I saw the Luna with her mate. I don't know why, but it angered me to see them together. And they were staying the whole week. Just my luck.

I was in my bedroom when I heard people come into the pack house. Drunk guests, great. I felt a little empty and hoped food would make me feel better, so I decided to walk down to the kitchen and make myself something.

When I reached the first floor, I stood for a moment staring in the direction of Alpha Asher and Luna Mikaela's room. I tightened my fists when I heard giggling come from the room. I hadn't realized I enhanced my ear to do so. Great. Now I had an unwelcome image of Mikaela in another man's arms. Why do I keep thinking about a mated wolf?

I sit in the kitchen making as much noise as possible to keep me from accidentally hearing her moans. But it's useless. God! I wish the guest rooms were sound proof! I was gonna to talk to the pack builders about it. Tomorrow. I made a mental note to remember. I decided staying inside was too much due to the guests so went outside for a little air. I wanted to take my wolf out for a run. As I jogged up to the nearest trees to strip my clothes and keep them safe, I heard a most agonizing howl from the woods. So soft, but with so much pain. As if the wolf responsible was trying to keep it down. I didn't recognize the howl, so I was beginning to second guess going into the woods. Whoever the wolf was who cried, I doubt they would welcome me in their pain. So, I just stood there, for a while, until I decided it was safe to enter my own home.

The morning came a little too quickly but it was leftover day. We would gather once again and eat the leftovers from yesterday. But since we were wolves, leftovers weren't really there. We instead ordered more food. But today was pizza. Less elaborate.

I showered the laziness away and headed towards the door.

-Cole! – My sister in law.

-Good morning Elena, where's- I was cut off by my brother giving me a pat on the back.

-Morning Bro! – He said over enthusiastically.

-How'd you sleep? – Asked Elena. – I mean did you? Alpha Asher and his Luna aren't shy at all!

I growled in response. Shit. They know I'm jealous.

-I take it they didn't let you rest – Said Jace. Thank God they're in love and clueless.

-Well, it could have been better. – I said. I could be not thinking about another wolf's mate.

-Let's go down for breakfast. We'll say good-bye to the guests. – He said as he interlocked his fingers with Elena's.

-Yeah, let's go.

In the lobby we bumped into Mikaela. God, she smelled so sweet. She was wearing a loose gray T-shirt, tucked in her waist high jeans. She had matching gray sneakers and her beautiful hair up in a ponytail. Her beautiful blue eyes looked tired.

-Good morning, Luna Mikaela – Greeted Elena.

-Morning – She smiled back, - Elena, Jace, Cole. – She nodded to each of us.

I wanted her to keep saying my name. Fuck! What is wrong with me?

-So had a good night? – Asked Elena with a smirk. She was awful.

Mikaela tensed for a second before she answered.

-Sure – Just a short answer. I was secretly happy her bastard mate didn't satisfy her.

-Sooo, you're staying the whole week! – Elena just loved to talk. – We have to get to know each other! When did you meet your mate?

- A few months ago. We are from the same pack. No big deal. How did you two meet? – She asked, looking at Elena and Jace.