Chapter Seventeen

Two months later

Mikaela POV

Two months passed and I was proven right. Their second attack was in late august and in a few weeks, it would be thanksgiving. No attacks yet. We had managed to build a wall around the town and more watch towers. The guarding shifts and schedules, including the time the shifts switched, changed weekly under Tony's supervision. We had added nineteen new members from the rogues that came near. And only had to kill about six. I was gaining confidence in our warriors. Fifteen warriors completed their training in this time, and we had now one hundred and thirty-one fully trained wolves, not including Tony. Thirty retired warriors, still strong enough to fight if necessary, and twenty-eight young wolves in progress, along with the eighteen of the new members, Christopher-Chris for short, was already fully trained before he got here. I was surprised we were able to capture him. And Scarlett joined "for fun" in the training. But I could not count her as our warrior. She had stayed, I did not know why, but she was still our guest.

Things were moving swiftly; Samantha had learned about mates and she and Beckett actually marked each other in early November. In addition to training, she took night classes, since she had not had previous education. Beckett was very supportive of her and she has a strong will to be the best version of herself.

- You know, you should return to school too. – Tony came up to me while I looked at Beckett help Samantha with her homework in our very small library.

- I don't have time. – I said. It was true, I had a pack to take care of.

- Our numbers are better, so are our skills and techniques. – He insisted.

- Tony, I have to be here. I'm the Alpha female. - I say. - Maybe in some years I'll return to school. But now is not the time.

- I know you're right. Anyway, the Alpha's yearly reunion will be in a couple of weeks. If the council sees Asher is not the Alpha, they'll want to take the position away from you.

- We won't attend. The council is old fashioned. I'll say Asher is unavailable and naturally I must keep by his side.

- It'll only work once. - Tony said.

- I just need time to take care of rogue King. - I said.

- He's been in hiding for months, I truly think we should inform the neighboring packs. - Tony said.

- I know. I'll inform Blood Moon in the morning. Alpha Ulrich is coming to see the progress of his investment in us, and he's curious why none of the members of his pack have seen Asher. After I settle that, I'll inform Blue Moon.

I felt a little nervous knowing that I would soon see Cole from Blue Moon again. For some reason I was looking forward to it, but it made me anxious.

- He's too smart, we can't lie to him. - Tony said.

- I won't lie to him. Our alliance to his pack is too important. But we are also a good Alliance. He needs us like we need him. - I say.

- I hope you're right. - Tony says.

The next morning, I got ready to receive Alpha Ulrich. He was one of the few unmated Alphas. The council let him be Alpha when he turned eighteen last year, because his father passed away when he was eleven. His father's Beta has taken care of the Alpha duties while Ulrich had to train. He was given a big responsibility immediately after his father's passing. He was not given time to grieve, and I admired his strength.

- Welcome Alpha Ulrich. - I greeted him.

- Luna Mikaela. - He said.

- Is Alpha Asher too important to greet the Alpha of Blood Moon pack? - A wolf behind Alpha Ulrich said.