Chapter Twenty Nine

Cole POV

Immersed in my prayers, I feel Mikaela jolt and I look up to her. Her eyes are wide open, and she's blinking very much, and closes her eyes very hard. Then, I feel her hand shake under mine and her face turns towards me. The electricity explodes from her touch, and rushes up my hands, to every extension of my body. It's soft like a breeze, but it's back. My wolf is ecstatic and confused. We both are.

"She's awake, I can sense her wolf is back" I notice he doesn't refer to her as our mate anymore

I stand up, not losing contact with her eyes, and say nothing. Does she feel a bond now? Or does she not because of Kara's talisman?

- Mate. – She whispers as she exhales, like she has been holding her breath since she saw me.

I smile, knowing that her wolf finally recognizes mine, and let out my own breath, which I just noticed I was holding as well.

- You woke up. – I say, and notice my voice is shaking. I try hard to hold back my tears. I didn't know I was about to cry.

I saw her face turn pale faster than I thought possible.

- What happened? Where am I? My pack...what? How? Where's?... – Mikaela started to ask. I knew all the questions she had. I'd probably have the same. I take a long breath in, trying to get a hold of myself before I speak to her.

- You're at Blue Moon's hospital. King is the new Alpha of Crescent Moon Pack. Most of the rogues are sworn to Crescent Moon now. Few members sought asylum in my pack. – I tell her.

I see her struggling to make sense of everything.

- How many members are here? – She asks me.

I stay silent as I link Tommy to ask him.

- Eight. – I finally tell her.

- So few? – She asks, confused.

Frankly, I don't know what she was expecting. Deserting your pack because of a new Alpha is not common. Furthermore, it's considered a sign of weakness and poor commitment. In my opinion, eight deserting members are far too much, even if they were turned into omegas, they could earn their way up. Asher endured it, so it is possible.

As I ponder on what to answer, we are interrupted by nurses and Dr. Benson.

- You're finally up. – Dr. Benson says.

- How long has it been? – Mikaela asks.

- Three days, today's Cole's Appointment as Alpha. Let's see if you can attend. – Dr. Benson says. – Cole, please step away.

I let Dr. Benson and the nurses do their job. And I decide it's best to wait outside. I wonder if I should tell Dr. Benson Mikaela shouldn't attend the ceremony.

Standing in the hallway, I try to understand why I'm not overjoyed right now. Mikaela finally sees me as her mate, like I've been wanting to. I should be happy. I want to feel happy.

-Alpha! – My thoughts are interrupted, and I turn around to face Catherine, a short omega from my pack. I think she's still in high school.

- Cat. – I greet her.

- Your Mother sent me, you need to get ready for the celebration. – She says with a wide smile.

- I'll be right there, just give me a minute. – I tell her.

- I can't leave without you. – Cat says, moving around. Mother must've ordered her to take me to the preparation room. Becoming an Alpha is somewhat like a ritual.