Chapter Twenty Five

Cole POV

"Communication with Alpha Mikaela is not working" My father speaks through the link.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"She doesn't respond, Alpha Ulrich knows nothing either." Father adds.

"Shouldn't we go back?" Thomas asks.

"We agreed for nothing to keep us from finding the rogues' hideout." Father says. "All we can do is hope she's handling whatever happened to her."

I didn't like the fact that right now, that part of the plan meant not knowing why Mikaela couldn't link my Father. But I had to have faith in her. We needed to find the rogues and take them down.

The problem was that their scent was chaotic. It was all over the place, by now, our five teams were scattered all over the place.

-"Something is off" I link my pack.

"I sense it too, it seems like the scents aren't getting anywhere" My Father links back.

"They're everywhere. They're misleading us." Thomas concludes.

"They're keeping us busy." Mark links.

"Away from Crescent Moon." Jace adds.

My heart starts pounding as fast as ever and before I can think, my father orders us to return to Crescent Moon Territory.

"Alpha Ulrich agrees we were played and thinks that's probably why Mikaela can't communicate with us. The rogues might already have her." My Father links us.

"Then we need to hurry" I link.

We were easily 30 minutes away from Crescent Moon Territory, maybe 40 from their pack house. It was too much time. I knew I could be there in less time because I was the fastest one in the pack, but I wouldn't be helping by doing that. As much as I wanted to be at Crescent Moon in the least amount of time possible, I had to think rationally. Only reason and strategy won battles.

As we ran, I couldn't help but think nothing made sense. Nothing went according to plan. The rogues knew we were coming. They lured us away from Crescent Moon's territory, taunting us.

"Rogues at 8 o'clock" Thomas links. "At most 10"

"Dan and Allie, take one prisoner. Stay back for questioning. The rest of the rogues, are not needed alive." I order.

Even though my father was Alpha, I had been leading the missions for some time now. Father asked me to, and my pack was content with my leadership skills.

We took them out easily. None of them were trained for battle like we were. And Allie was the best at getting information from anyone. She had a wicked side that terrified most of us, but it was very useful.

"This scumbag swears Crescent Moon will have a new Alpha today. They do not intend to massacre the wolves. They intend to take over the pack." Allie links us in a surprisingly short amount of time.

"If there is nothing to add, kill the rogue and join us." I order.

I can imagine Allie's evil smile, anticipating the kill. I couldn't enjoy it though because that information meant Mikaela was the target. To overthrow an Alpha, you have to beat them in a Challenge. I don't imagine de Rogue King letting her live.

So now, we are running as fast as we can to try to get to Crescent Moon. My legs are in pain from having to slow my pace for my pack to keep up with me. I need to go faster, but I also need them with me. Arriving at Crescent Moon alone, will be good for no one.