Chapter 6 - The parade

Tillie had walked for two and a half days, and now the gates of Levi were finally beginning to appear on the horizon. She felt relieved, walking through the desert was difficult, even for a trained warrior. She wore a scarf and a cloak to suit the people of Levi more. Her black boots were tightly strapped and stuffed with knives. Her sword was strapped to her back hidden under the cloak. She covered her face and head with a scar to avoid serious burns. She took a small sip of her water jug as she walked further. 

Tillie examined the walls, looking for the best way to enter the city. If she walked in past the gates they surely search her for weapons. She didn't know if she would be needing them anymore and under no circumstances would she leave her sword behind. Her vision had shown her a willow three, she had to find that specific three. But a willow signified water, so she searched the horizon for any sign of water. Left of the city an oasis was formed, there must be a source of water.

Tillie took some fresh spring water in her hands to refresh her face and cool down her body. She watched the current drift all the way back to the city, giving her a way into the fortress. She smiled and took a moment to take her shoes off, she let her feet rest in the cold water and closed her eyes for a few seconds. The willow appeared back in her mind, it seemed as if she was sitting in the branches and had an overview of the city. Tillie sighed and opened her eyes again. She carefully dried her feet and continued her route further along the river, watching the towers, she had to enter the city unseen.

As the city came closer she went all the way in the water just leaving her head above it to breathe. The reflection of the water would made it impossible to see her from above. She carefully swam to the city, to the gate. Fortunately the condition of the gate was as bad and neglected as she'd hoped. With one swift flick of her sword she cloud slice it open. 

Tillie waded on through the tunnels being careful with every move she made. As she neared the end of the complex she waded towards the stone ledge. She carefully lifted herself out of the water and immediately took shelter behind a crate. The city was filled with people, but this part seemed a bit more deserted. She had to wait until her clothes were at least a little dry. At this point people would easily see that she was out of place.

Tillie had waited a while before leaving her hiding spot, she then left this part of the town and started to look for the willow. The people she passed looked poor and hungry, they didn't seem too happy either. Perhaps August had been right and people would start a revolution. But these people here were in no shape to fight. Tillie kept walking through the streets when she saw how many people were walking the same route, she decided to follow them. It wasn't long before they reached the main street of the city. 

Tillie saw many guards scattered along the road. The council must also have felt the dissatisfaction of the people. She looked around, in the middle of the road a red carpet was placed for the parade. Soldiers led the townspeople next to the carpet and handed them flowers to throw during the parade. She smiled bitterly. She thought it stupid, showing off your might and strength when most of your population is on the run and starving.

Suddenly Tillie saw the willow, it was right in the middle of a square. The parade would pass right in front of that tree. Tillie remembered her vision, the images were right from out of that three. She had to make her way up in the three without being noticed. As more and more people started to came, Tillie spotted a lot of dumpsters at the end of the square, if she could make her way on top of them it would be easier to jump in the tree. But she had to be careful and make absolutely no noise. 

Tillie covered her face with her cloak as she walked through the crowd. She climbed quietly onto the last container and moved further towards the tree. A little girl on the back of her father saw her, Tillie smiled and waved at the girl. She smiled back and continued to look around. The tree was within reach and she jumped from the containers towards it. As Tillie pushed over the branches; she moved towards the front. She ended up in the exact same spot of her vision.

There was a huge turnout to see these strong warriors. The camp of the girl walked among them, which was the only reason Tillie was here. She sat in a tree to have an overview of the crowd and the people passing by. Suddenly she blanked and a vision of the girl appeared. Tillie tried to focus, but it was gone quickly. Tillie looked between the buildings, a cloud of dust began to form in the distance. The parade was approaching them. 

Tillie studied the people in the front rows, she had a bad feeling in her stomach but couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. She noticed how a little more to her left commotion arose as she tried to look closer her vision reappeared. A blank haze covered her mind, she saw how a man approached the parade and tried to shoot. He aimed straight at the girl from her visions. 

Tillie realized she had to do something. She had to stop this man, otherwise she would never find out why the vision had directed her towards that girl. Tillie quickly jumped down the tree when she heard the first warriors approach. She had to move quickly but the crowd was very dense, she pushed her way through. Suddenly another flash hit her, the man quickly approached the parade. Tillie felt panic running through her veins. "Move" she ordered as she was almost in front of the warriors. She could already see the red carpet that was spread out for them. The crowd was throwing flowers and cheering to thank them.

And then her world stopped. Tillie had been able to move almost all the way forward to the front of the crowd. There were only two people standing in front of her. It felt like home, like the only place she'll ever want to be. Tillie felt enchanted by his sight, his black uniform send a powerful vibe over the crowd. His face was stoic, but the moment their eyes had met, she could have sworn that she had seen a small smile.

And then suddenly Tillie was snapped out of her trance when she saw the girl of her visions walking at the back of the row amongst the soldiers. She felt in her gut that she had to do something, without thinking Tillie jumped. Hoping that somehow she would catch the bullet that was meant for this girl. Hoping that there would be only one shooter at the site and that the other soldiers would intervene in time. 

A loud gunshot echoed through the streets and immediately panic broke out among the crowd. Tillie heard how commands where shouted around her. She ignored everything she just prayed that she would make it towards the girl in time. She collapsed with the girl and pushed her down as she felt the pain rip through her body, the bullet. The pain shot through her body, this was no ordinary bullet. Tillie felt the poison clouding her mind, she felt the poison rushing through her body. She crashed on top of the girl, unable to move. She looked at the girl for a split second, hoping she'd been in time and that the bullet hadn't gone through her. Tillie felt how everything around her begin to turn black. She heard footsteps approaching her and a loud voice echoed over them; "Get him. I don't want him to get away." She smiled and everything went black.