Chapter 34 - War is coming

Tillie sat in the remains of the tower as she looked out over the new world. A tear slipped from her cheek, how she wanted that Timber's arms were wrapped around her. A sickening feeling took over and Tillie vomited the content of her diner on the ground. She cursed loudly. Just then Ace walked up to her. "Are you okay?" he asked concerned. "Yeah, just the emotions of the past few days I guess." Tillie sighed. "Could it be something else?" He studied her face for a moment. "What are you talking about?" she asked. "You know damn well what I mean." "Mixed couples cannot have children." Tillie replied. "Are you sure about that?" Tillie studied Ace for a moment. "Tillie there hasn't been a more powerful mage than you, we know shit about you. For all we know you are so strong that you could get pregnant." Tillie cursed loudly. "What do your visions say?" Ace asked. Tillie looked away, he laughed loudly. "I am right aren't I?" Tillie slapped his arm. "No one can know, understand?" she said stern. "Sure, but I think you are already showing a bit." Tillie looked at herself and closed her eyes as she realized Ace was right a small bump started to form.

She taught about all the moments she spent with Timber. Tillie sighed, she had no idea how to raise a child. She had to stop Illmenni first, otherwise there wouldn't be a place to raise her child. "How far a long are you?" Ace asked. "I don't know. Is it as long as a normal pregnancy?" she replied. "Don't look at me, I am not a woman." Ace smiled. Ace gently placed his hand on her stomach. A warm glow covered his hand. Tillie felt something move inside her. "No, that's not possible." She whispered. "Ooh it is and he has got your power." He said.

August ran towards them with Althea right behind him. "Breaker, meeting now." He commanded stern. Tillie smiled. "Don't tell me you are thinking about asking him." Ace whispered at her. "Excuse me?" Tillie looked confused at him. "I am much more suited for the role and Timber will obviously ask Valen or maybe Althea." Ace said with a smirk. "I now understand why your mother told me I was going to be a godfather twice." He snickered. "You are lying" Tillie smiled. They followed August back to the strategic room. Foreman and Nobleman were standing over a map as they walked in. Tillie immediately felt how tension filled the room. August and Ace sat down while Tillie stood there frozen in place.

A vision filled her sight. Timber lay at her feet, he was badly injured. It was worse than the attack by the rebels. And Illmenni was right in front of her. "You know what's coming for you, only you can stop this. Or do you want everyone you love to die?" Illmenni asked as a diabolical laugh filled her head. And then there was a bright light that drove him away. August had wrapped his arms around her. "Breaker, breath." He screamed. Tillie opened her eyes as the fog cleared in her head. "He is coming." Was all she could say.

Foreman was by her side within seconds. "Describe what's about to happen." He commanded. "He chose the battlefield. A place in the desert between here and the city. His army is marching over as we speak. The black elite is among them." Tillie was silent as she felt Ace's eyes on her. She knew he was checking her. "He wants me to join him, he asked me the first time I met him, but I refused." She added. "What did he say?" Nobleman asked. "That you guys would all die." Tillie replied. She sighed. "I am tired." Ace was by her side in seconds as he helped her sitting on a chair. "Are you okay?" August asked as he looked at her, eyes full of worry. "Tillie you can't fight yet, you are still reeling from all the emotions and everything that has happened." Foreman started. "I am fine." She said sternly.

"He won't stop until he has you." Althea said suddenly. "What are you talking about?" August asked. "Illmenni. He is giving orders to his men. He won't stop until he has you. They are raiding village after village to search for you." Tillie closed her eyes. "He is with them." Althea quietly whispered. Tillie knew immediately who she was talking about. "I couldn't change his mind about us." Tillie said.

Nobleman looked at Tillie "You are sure about your elite?" he asked. Tillie nodded her head. "They have all proven themselves." She added. "We will need them for what's coming. I also hoped to convince the other squads. But with the events of the last day, that wasn't possible." Tillie sighed. "You did everything you could. There will be more men who will distance themselves from Timber and join our elite." Ace tried to comfort her. She was silent for a moment, she knew how difficult it would be for the soldiers to fight their former fellow elite members.

"We have to start preparations." Foreman said sternly. Tillie nodded her head. "We can't all go, we still need protection for the city, the children and the elderly. "She remarked. "I'll start mobilizing our squad." Ace said. "I'll do the same for our mages." Foreman answered. "Nobleman, can you protect the city in our absence?" Tillie looked over at him. "As long as you kill him." Nobleman replied.