Chapter 26 - Mine

Tillie had been asleep for quite some time, when she finally opened her eyes she found those enchanting blue eyes, that she came to love, were staring straight at her. "Easy Breaker, Easy." Timber said as he rushed over to her side to grab her hand. "We did it." Her voice came out hoarse and soar. "You did." Timber replied with a smile. "Imagine what would have happened if I had taken you along." He said with a small smile. "Is this your way of apologizing?" Tillie asked. "I am sorry, this is all my fault. If I hadn't slept with her, this wouldn't have happened." Timber said. "You didn't sleep with her." She assured him. "What?" Timber looked confused at her. "They made you believe you did. But you two actually never slept together." Timber looked confused at her. "How do you know?" "Cassandra was jealous." Tillie replied. "Why?" "Well, let's see, maybe through the art collection you have? Timber are you nuts?" Tillie raised her voice. "You were the one who wanted to keep us a secret. With those drawings it quickly came out." Tillie closed her eyes for a second and took a deep breath. "Maybe that can change after all this?" She turned her head to look away from him afraid of his answer.

Timber's fingers brushed her cheek. "I am very sorry. But you know that it's better to keep it a secret. Did something happen?" "What are you asking Timber?" Tillie stared him dead in the eye. "He kissed my hand and now I am left with a burn, what do you think that I slept with him?" She almost screamed. Timber quickly grabbed her hand and pressed a soft kiss on the mark. "I know what kind of man he was. Maybe he forced himself on you." "What do you mean he was?" Tillie asked confused. "The council killed him for treason. When they heard that he went after you, they were quick to judge." Tillie was silent as she looked at her hands. "He deserved it, Tillie." Timber said. "Killing isn't always the answer Timber."

Valen and Makin entered the room. Timber quickly walked away from Tillie's bed, leaving her with a bitter feeling. "Are we interrupting something? Making up for it with sex?" Makin smiled mischievously. "Why would we do that?" Timber asked. "Because your arrogance put us in this fucked up situation." Makin smiled. Valen sat down next to Tillie's bed and studied her for a moment. "How are you feeling?" he asked. "Glad the nightmare is over." She replied. "You did really well." Valen smiled as he brushed a lock of hair from her face. Tillie smiled back at him and she saw how Timber's whole body turned angry. "I didn't, I lost two of our men. At least two deaths that I could have avoided" Tillie said after a few minutes. "It would have been much worse if he had gotten his hands on Althea." Valen said. "He didn't want Althea, he wanted the Breaker." Makin added. Valen looked confused from Tillie over towards Timber. "Why?" he asked. "He thought that Timber loved me as much as Boris once had loved Cassandra." Tillie lied. "Boy was he wrong." Timber smirked. The words cut right through Tillie, she felt tired all of a sudden. After all this she couldn't do this anymore and for the first time she thought about going home.

When Tillie opened her eyes again the room was empty, only Valen was sitting next to her bed. "Tillie, there is something you aren't telling us. I can see that you aren't okay." Valen said. "I am fine, just a bit shaken by Boris." "Why did he whip you?" A tear rolled down Tillie's cheek. "Why did he target you when he had Althea?" Tillie avoided Valen's gaze. "I can't answer those questions for you Valen." Tillie said. He softly placed his hand on top of hers. "You know you can trust me, you always could." He said. "What happened Tillie?" Tillie decided to tell him part of the truth. "Apparently Timber drew me, Boris found portraits of me in his room. He was convinced that Timber was in love with me. For some reason he knew that I was the Breaker. He wanted me to be his wife, he wanted me to be his queen." Tillie was silent as she looked at their hands. "Is he right?" Valen asked. Tillie nodded in denial, but Valen didn't believe her. "There is something else that's bothering you." Valen said. "I think I need to leave this place. I want to take some time to heal away from all this." Valen looked defeated at her. "What did Timber say?" "Nothing." Tillie lied. "I don't believe you." Valen placed his hand against her cheek, letting the tears Tillie was holding back escape.

Right in that moment Timber walked in, in seconds he grabbed Valen by his jacket and pressed him against the wall. "What are you doing?" he screamed. "So it's true." Valen replied with a grin. "You are so stupid. You are pushing her away. She is leaving because of you." Valen said disappointed. Timber looked confused from Valen to Tillie. "What is he talking about?" Timber looked at Tillie, eyes filled with hurt. "I need some time away to think." She said softly. "She needs some time away from you" before Valen could curse, Timber interrupted him. "Don't forget your place Valen. And Breaker I am sorry but you can't leave you have a duty to your squad." He replied stern. Tillie didn't bother to answer, she just turned her back to Timber and lay down on her side. "Way to go asshole." Valen cursed.

Valen had dragged Tillie out of her room, she needed to be in the camp. His only hope of keeping her here was that if she saw how much the soldiers appreciated her, how much they loved her, she would stay. During the time she had been here, things had improved for the better, including Timber's behavior. "One question keeps running through my mind. If you could beat Boris, then why didn't you beat Timber?" Valen asked. "Timber is stronger than Boris and I was in worse shape back then." Valen was silent for a few seconds. "If you hadn't been hurt, you would have beaten him." He suddenly said. "Maybe." Tillie smiled. Valen had helped her to where her squad was training. When the soldiers saw Tillie they immediately came to her and hugged her. "Easy guys, she is still healing." Valen said with a smile. "Breaker you were phenomenal." Tillie smiled. "I couldn't have done it without you guys. Thank you for each playing your part perfectly." Ace stepped forward and hugged her. "You look like shit." He said. "You should see the other guy." Tillie smiled.

She felt how everything was tiring her, the wound started to play up again. Valen wrapped his arm around her to support her. Tillie felt tired and laid her head on his shoulder. "Thank you." She softly said. "For what?" he asked. "Being my friend." He smiled. They both saw Timber approaching. "Don't thank me yet." He said and then smiled. "Don't be mad for what I am about to do." Mischief filled his face. He pulled Tillie closer to his body and wrapped his arms tightly around her. He looked back over towards Timber and pressed a soft kiss on Tillie's head. Within seconds Timber ran toward them. He pulled Tillie out of Valen's arms and before she realized what had happened, Timber crashed his lips against Tillie's. Tillie was taken aback by his movement, but their bond made his kiss irresistible. The kiss became completely passionate within seconds. All soldiers stood there looking shocked at their two squad leaders. Valen smiled brightly.

When Timber let go of Tillie she needed a moment to recover. The kiss had been so out of this world, that she blushed totally crimson. "Let me make one thing very clear." Timber stated. "I will only say this once, the Breaker is off the market. She is Mine. Am I making myself clear?" He pressed another soft kiss to Tillie's lips and turned around. She stood there still startled as Valen spoke. "And now you can thank me."