Chapter 38 - I am not like him

Tillie was so consumed by Timber's wounds that she forgot where she was for just a moment. It wasn't until she felt the pain coursing through her body that she realized how bad his wounds were and how much he was hurting. Chaos ensued on the battlefield, as the soldiers broke away from Illmenni's influence. Ace ran over to her side. "Are you okay?" he put his hand on Tillie's shoulder as she leaned over Timber and looked at his wounds. "Tillie are you hurt?" Ace asked louder because she didn't respond. "Tillie" Ace screamed. She looked up eyes filled with tears. "You have to save him." Ace said calmly, hoping that it would calm her down. Tillie nodded her head. "You have to get them out, evacuate them all." She whispered. "What? I am not leaving you here all alone" Ace said confused. "You have got to, you have got to bring everyone to safety. You know damn well what will happen if I can't save him." She looked up. "You can't, you have something to live for. These people need a leader Breaker." Ace replied sternly.

Suddenly Valen rushed to her side as her hands hovered over the wounds on Timber's body. A faint glow danced over the wounds but Timber didn't respond. Tillie felt how her emotions were running wild. Valen knelt beside her looking at Timber. Fear filled his eyes "You have to save him Tillie." "Don't you think I know that." Tillie replied, her emotions were mounting at a fast pace. "Valen, get everyone out of here." "What? I am not leaving his side. He was changing his mind about you two." Valen replied as he pointed towards Tillie's belly. "Congrats." He softly whispered. "Valen, I need you to gather the rest of the soldiers and leave. If I fail at saving him, things will turn worse really fast." She replied. Valen looked shocked from her to Ace. He simply nodded his head.

Tillie looked at Timber, she was falling miserably at saving him. His wounds weren't healing, he was still out. A tear rolled down her cheek. "Please Timber, I can't go on without you." She continued, but as the minutes passed she grew more and more devasted. Timber hadn't moved an inch. Tillie looked across the battlefield. The loss on both sides was enormous. She felt how everything was slipping through her fingers as fires began to build around the two of them. She looked at Ace, he was ushering everybody of the battlefield, checking if there were any survivors. She took a deep breath and continued to cast a spell to heal Timber. Tears were pouring out of her eyes as she realized it hadn't any effect. Tillie collapsed her head on his chest. "I failed you." She whispered. She pressed a soft kiss to his lips. "I will always love you, until the end."

A dark fog swept over the battlefield, a bleak wind arose. Tillie shivered as her head still lay on Timber and then an evil voice snapped her back in the moment. "Look at yourself." Illmenni said. Goosebumps trailed over her body as she looked up, into his empty eyes. "What? Surprised? You couldn't possibly think that a simple fire blast would kill me now, could you?" his evil laugh filled the field. The mages stopped and everyone looked at the scene in front of them. "You are weak, he makes you weak. If I kill you now then there well be no one to stop me." Illmenni added. "Or I could simply kill him. You see you weren't the only one who knew who your enemy was Tillie Amor." He paused dramatically. "So, what does my last name have to do with this?" she asked between tears. "You are the daughter of the legendary Amor power couple." "And you are the son of Mirthrun, what's your point?" she asked. "The rumors about you are wild, but let me tell you the reality is beyond them all." Illmenni licked his lips. "I asked you once, and I am going to ask you one last time, come with me. Together we can rule the world we would be a force like no one have ever seen, together we are unstoppable."

"No" Tillie replied without wasting another word on him. She leaned her head back over Timber's body. "Why not what's holding you back? Your pathetic excuse of a soulmate is almost death. Isn't it ironic, you two will die exactly the same way your mother and father died. You will explode just like him when Timber draws his last breath. Maybe I should just help him a little bit." The fog turned thicker almost suffocating. Tillie had to think, she had to do something before her vision became a reality and the world around her went up in flames. And then Tillie realized something

"I am not like him" Tillie's voice echoed over the battlefield as tears rolled down her cheeks. "I am both" she said firmly. Illmenni looked confused at her. "I always thought that loving Timber made me weak, made me vulnerable, at least that's what everyone told me. That he would be used against me. But they are all wrong. Nothing can make me stronger." Tillie focused all her energy, she followed the rhythm of her heartbeat, she listened to the tiny beat inside her and let them come together as one. A bright white glow formed around them, illuminating the entire dessert. Tillie put her hands on Timber's heart and a beam so bright that people had to cover their eyes, sprouted from his heart.

And then the unthinkable happened.

Timber opened his eyes.

"No that's not possible, this can't happen. You can't be that strong." Illmenni screamed as he started to charge spell after spell, but they all dissolved in the white light. It was as if a shield was placed around Tillie and Timber. A dome had formed over them as he opened his eyes. "Breaker, am I dead?" he asked. "No you are not." She gently kissed his lips. Timber put his hand on her belly and searched her eyes. She softly nodded her head and a smile appeared on his lips. He looked around. "You have to finish this." He softly whispered and she nodded her head again. "Our child needs a home."

The dome opened and turned into a beam of light. "You are dark, you are pure evil." Tillie said. She bent the beam in her hands "Dishelve ann an dorchadas". The whole desert lit up when Illmenni was hit. He collapsed and his body spat in a million pieces that fluttered down like black snow. Cheers filled the field. Valen and Ace ran to Timber to help him up. When the mist cloud disappeared, time stood still.

Tillie lay lifeless on the ground.