Chapter 33 - Home

After saving Timber, Tillie had guided her squad into the new world. The soldiers looked baffled at her as she stopped in the middle of the desert. They looked at Tillie as if she had completely lost it. "We'll stop here, burn the vehicles, we'll have to walk the last part." She said. "Before we enter, I want you all to know one thing. No one can know what Timber means to me. I trust you all with my life. But you should know that that personal information about me could cost us all our lives." She stated. "Don't trust anyone except the squad, as we always have." She finished. The soldiers nodded their head and in seconds the trucks were destroyed.

As Tillie let the magic vail over the city disappear a gasp went through the soldiers. "Welcome to your new home." She said with a smile "Breaker" someone shouted from a distance. "Breaker" Tillie could clearly hear how August was racing towards her. Before she could register what was happening he had wrapped her in a big hug and lifted her off the ground. "You are finally home." The next second commander Nobleman stood before her with his soldiers. August looked confused at him. "Move." Nobleman commanded. Tillie stood face to face with him. "What the fuck are you doing?" Nobleman asked Tillie. "I am home." She responded. "With that?" he pointed to her soldiers. "The black elite, do you want to kill us all?" he asked. "No these are my soldiers." She replied as Ace stepped forward. "We are the black rose elite." He saluted. "Where is commander Foreman or Alden?" he asked. Tillie looked at Ace startled. "I never trusted you." He said to Nobleman with a smile.

"Tillie? Is that really you?" Foreman ran up to her and hugged her tight too. "You are home." Then he moved over to Ace and hugged him too. "Thanks for bringing her back." He said with a smile. "She did that all by herself." Ace replied with a smile of his own. "Nobleman is there a problem?" Foreman asked. "They are still black elite soldiers, do you know what they do? Do you know what they have done?" "If they follow and listen to Tillie I don't think we need to worry about that." "We are going to regret this, we are going to regret releasing her into the world." Nobleman said sternly.

"We will make room for you and your soldiers, because I take it you're going to sleep with them from now on? You are the daughter of your father after all?" Foreman said with a smile. "That she is." Tillie looked suspiciously from Foreman to Ace. "Who is that?" August looked starstruck as his eyes met Althea's. Tillie smiled widely, for Althea was looking in the same way at August. "August, meet Althea" she said as she moved over towards her. "Althea meet my best friend August." Tillie added. "I thought I was your best friend." Althea replied. Tillie rolled her eyes. "Perhaps most sexy as well?" Althea wiggled her eyebrows seductively. "No that honor is mine too." August smiled. "Seriously would you guys kiss already?" Tillie asked. They both looked at her in bewilderment. "Go show her around." She ushered August out of the way as she walked through the camp with the rest of her soldiers. From everywhere people ran over to greet and hug her.

Foreman smiled as he walked beside Tillie. "I think everyone can see it now." He said. Tillie looked confused at him. "You left as a girl and you came back as a leader." Tillie rolled her eyes as she walked with Ace into the strategic room. Alden immediately rose from his chair and hugged her. "You are back." He said surprised. "Did you find her?" he immediately asked. "Yes and I saved her, she is here with us." Tillie replied with a smile. "Ace, it has been too long." Alden said as he hugged Ace. Alden, Foreman, Nobleman and Ace took their seats at the table. Tillie looked baffled at the men in front of her.

"I think I owe you an explanation." Ace said with a smile. "Ace Amor." He said with a smile, extending his hand to Tillie. She looked bewildered at him. "Come again?" she asked. "Your other godfather." He replied with a smile. "Come again?" Tillie repeated herself. "Your mother asked me. I was only ten at the time, but she always knew that you could use me as your right hand. I have been trained for the role ever since I was little." Tillie looked in pure shock at the man in front of her. "We are related? Why couldn't you tell me?" she asked shocked. "Your father was my big brother." Ace replied with a smile. "She wanted me to hide it from you until we were back here." "What?" Tillie asked confused. "She had a vision that I told you in the camp that I was your uncle and it resulted in you not trusting me. So she made me promise that the only place I would ever tell you who I am would be in your home." Ace smiled. Tillie shook her head.

"Did you find him?" Alden interrupted the conversation and looked expectantly at Tillie. "Who?" she asked. "Your soulmate. Your magic is flowing in a controlled way through your body." He said. "No" Tillie lied. "The black elite training really helped. Or didn't Cassandra inform you about that part?" A shock went through the room. "Cassandra?" Foreman and Nobleman asked. "Alden activated his backup plan." Tillie stated stern. "What?" Ace asked confused. "He placed Cassandra there years ago, and now ordered her to kill the leaders of the black elite." "What? With Tillie there? Why would you do that?" Nobleman asked. "I had my reasons." Alden replied. "Do enlighten us." Tillie said stern. "I don't have to answer you." He replied angry. "Yes you do. Like you said, until I was ready. I am ready now." Hope flared in the eyes of Nobleman and Foreman. Ace looked proudly at Tillie. "You don't want a peaceful, united world." Tillie continued. "You just want mages to rule." She added. Alden paled but held his ground. "Yes and it will happen with or without you." He said sternly. "Have you met him?" she asked. "Have you met the devil?" Alden looked confused at Tillie "What are you talking about?" "You don't know who you made a deal, do you?" she asked. Alden looked confused at her. "He had a son. Mrithun had a son. You made a deal with the son of the devil." The room looked shocked at Alden.

The room was quiet, but Tillie moved instantly, magical beacons wrapped around Alden's wrists. "You will need me. You can't beat him without me." Alden screamed. "I can't trust you right now. I don't want to worry about your next move or scheme so I'll place you where I know you can do no wrong." She replied with a firm voice. "You are nothing without me, you can't beat him. You are not strong enough." Alden screamed. "Yes she can." Ace simply stated.