Chapter 35 - War zone, love land

The small army had finally reached the place where it would make camp. Ancient ruins offered them shelter for the night. Tillie was walking through the camp when she felt something pull inside her. She didn't know what it was but felt something in her heart, so she decided to follow the pull. She walked over the hill that shielded them from the battlefield and still felt it.

Tillie covered the battlefield in a fog as she walked to where the two sides would collide. It was early in the evening, no one was there yet, they were all still preparing for what was about to come. And yet she could feel that war was near. She looked over the now peaceful landscape, in a few hours this would all be over and only chaos, violence and magic would remain. The pull stopped right in the middle of the battlefield. Tillie looked around but there wasn't a soul out here. She stood there for a while as she thought back of the things that had happened to her. Mostly Timber. And then it was as if his voice popped up in her head.

"We meet again." Timbers warm voice boomed over the field. "It looks like we do." A soft smile played on Tillie's lips as she answered. She looked to the side and saw Timber. It hadn't been a fidget of her imagination, he really was here. "I have been thinking about you a lot these past few days." The words rolled from Tillie's lips before she could contain herself. Timber didn't reply he just looked over the fields. "I would be lying if I denied it, but I did as well." He finally said.

Tillie looked hopefully at him as she felt something move gently in her stomach. She wanted to tell him everything to share her news with hem. Maybe this would change his mind, maybe this would give them both a chance to start over. But she knew now was not the place nor the time. They stood there in silence as they looked over the battlefield.

"I feel confused." Timber started after a long silence. Tillie looked a little surprised at him. "The things I feel for you are terrifying. But not as terrifying as what you are." He said. Tillie closed her eyes as she rubbed her forehead. "I am here to say goodbye for the last time, when we meet again I know what I have to do." His voice was steady without emotion. Tillie closed her eyes. "You always could not." She tried. "You know I can't." He replied. "What about your sister?" Tillie asked. "She will share the same fate." "Seriously, you are going to kill your own sister? I saved you after everything that happened, doesn't that count for something?" Tillie sighed and nodded her head in denial. She turned around and walked away until she felt how Timber grabbed her hand.

With one swift movement he pulled her flat against his body. His fingers immediately wrapped around her face. "Of course that matters. But you remain a mage. I hate what you have done to me, what you are still doing to me." Tillie avoided his eyes. "I want one last night to say goodbye." Timber whispered. Tillie searched his eyes but couldn't find anything. "That's a bad idea Timber" she replied. "Is it?" he asked. "You hate me, you loathe me and now what? You want to fuck me out of your system?" Tillie asked a little angrily.

Timber didn't reply he just smirked and smashed his lips against hers. He knew that Tillie would never agree to his proposal, he had to let the bond force her. He still wasn't quite sure where the idea had started to grow. But over the course of the day it had popped up in his head and it had never left. Timber created fireworks as his tongue danced over Tillie's lips. She opened her mouth and he indulged her further. His tongue danced over hers caressing, teasing and pleasuring every inch of her. Tillie placed her two hands on his chest and pushed hard when her mind had finally found its senses back.

"Stop" Tillie commanded. "No" Timber simply replied. "I don't want this, I know what you are trying to do. You are using the bond to get me to agree." She said. "I am. Didn't you miss my touches, us being together? Or was that all a lie too." he asked. "I did, more than you can imagine." "It will be our last time together, I want to enjoy it. Tomorrow one of us will die." His words hit Tillie hard, but the bond fried her brain and made her go with wat Timber wanted.

Tillie snapped her fingers and in an instant a huge blanket appeared in front of them. Timber drew his sword and planted it on the edge of the blanket. Tillie did the same and her sword crossed with his. Timber pulled Tillie down with him and a dome decorated with little lights appeared above their heads. Timber pushed one of Tillie's curls behind her ear. "Why would the universe bound us together?" Tillie asked as she looked into Timber's eyes. "I don't know. It must be some cruel joke. Loving the one you hate the most." Tillie wanted to say something but Timber silenced her. "Don't think about this now. Please, I need you right now. Just you, the Tillie I love, nothing less, nothing more."

Timber's hand ran over Tillie's body. If it was the last time they would ever see each other she might as well enjoy it. Within seconds their clothes were removed, they both lay there naked and entangled. Timber's fingertips trailed over Tillie's body, his tongue in pursuit. Moan after moan escaped Tillie's mouth. As he placed a soft kiss on her belly Tillie blushed crimson. She felt conflicted and at the same time afraid that he might want to remove the baby because there was always the possibility that it was a mage as well. It was better to stay silent.

Timber's warm tongue found her wet hot throbbing core and all thoughts fled from Tillie's mind. She moaned his name as he pushed her over the edge. The moon and stars where witness of their lovemaking. Tillie kissed every inch, every muscle, every part of Timber. She sketched every inch of him in her mind. She knew how hard it would be without him. She wasn't ready to lose him and so a tear escaped from her eye. "Please don't cry." Timber softly whispered. "It's all your doing." Tillie replied with a watery smile.

Timber kissed her hard and pulled her against him. In one swift trust he had buried himself deep within her. Banishing those thoughts from her mind. When the sun began to rise they were both catching their breath. One last time had turned into a night full of lovemaking, of spending those last precious moments together before the horror of the day would happen.

Tillie put her clothes back on as she looked at Timber. He was studying her in silence. "I never lied to you about my feelings for you." Tillie said as she looked across the field. "You steady me, you make me feel complete and at home. You gave me the strength to be the leader, I am destined to be." Tillie felt how his hand rubbed her back and she looked over her shoulder. Tillie decided to try one last time. "Why can't you see what's right in front of you? Why are you so convinced that all mages are evil? I have proven myself time after time and yet you can't look past the fact that I am a mage." She studied his face for a reaction. "Althea being a mage, means that your parents were mages too." Tillie softly started, maybe the truth, or at least part of the truth would open his eyes. "Your parents were on that battlefield to stop someone, the mage who wanted to end mankind. Your parents are dead because he was evil."

Timber grabbed Tillie's head between his hands, he kissed her lips hard. "This is goodbye Tillie." A tear rolled down her cheeks. "You know what's ironic?" she asked. Timber looked confused at her. "You hate mages beyond words and yet you fail to see that one is leading you." "What do you mean?" "Illmenni is a mage and unlike me, he is the bad guy of your story." With those words Tillie turned and left a confused Timber behind.