Chapter 18 - Driving on feelings

Tillie was busy training her men, she had avoided Timber as much as she could over the past few days. After their kiss, she felt herself even more drawn closer to him. She despised herself. Ace walked over to her as she watched the fight in front of her, she was completely out of it until he gently pushed her shoulder. "Are you okay?" He asked, looking at her with concern. "Yeah I am fine." Tillie replied. "No you are not, you have been out of the game for the past few days. Talk to me, you can trust me." Ace said. "Can I? I don't know anything about you, or how you knew my mother." Tillie fired back as she whispered the last part afraid someone might overhear their conversation. "Alden and your mother trusted me both." Tillie looked at him confused "I don't know what you are taking about." She said, not sure if he was tricking her or not. "Yes you do." Ace replied. "That ring is special, isn't it?" he asked. "Maybe, maybe not." She tried to read his face. "I'll tell you everything when the time is right. Until then you need to trust me." Tillie rubbed her forehead, she wanted someone to share her superstitions, to share her burdens with.

Just then Tillie saw how Timber approached her group and she sighed loudly. "What does he want now?" she cursed under her breath. Ace smiled. "Why are you smiling like that?" she asked sternly. "Have you ever thought about it?" Ace asked. "About what?" Tillie answered with another question. "You know, that he is your soulmate?" Tillie looked dumbfounded at Ace as a stupid smile played on his lips. "By the look on your face you know he is the one, but you haven't accepted it. I think it's pretty obvious." Ace walked away before Timber got close, Tillie was still thinking about what he had said.

"Breaker we are going to inspect the site for a possible attack. Over the past weeks we have noticed that you have many talents. You are coming with us." Timber commanded. "Who is we?" she asked. "Breaker, do you have to challenge each and every one of my commands?" He replied. "No Boss." Tillie nodded her head and followed Timber. For the past few days, they danced around each other. When they were in the same room Tillie felt the tension fly through the air. The way they had been eyeing each other made it clear that there was something more.

Timber stopped in front of an old jeep, Tillie had never in her life seen one from so close. The roof was extended with solar panels to power up the engine. Tillie walked around the vehicle and studied every inch. "I guess by the way you are looking that you never have seen one?" he asked. "No, at least not from this close. Are we going to drive it?" Tillie asked excited. "Yes, the grounds are rather far from here." He answered. Timber opened the door for Tillie as she took a seat on the passenger side, he walked around and grabbed the steering wheel. "Where did you learn to drive a car?" she asked curiously as she studied everything inside the car, she had only heard about them in stories, she had never seen one in real life. "Training" Timber answered as he started the old jeep. Tillie studied his stern face as he started to drive. As he looked at her a blush crept on her face and she averted her eyes to look outside.

"Back when the council selected me to become commander of the black elite. We were sent to a training camp that specialized in training leaders." He explained. Tillie looked out over the landscape, the green threes and mountains were beautiful. "Have you never wanted something else?" she asked. "Like what?" She studied his beautiful face for a few minutes, carefully choosing her next words. "Don't you think that there is more to life than fighting? And hunting mages?" she asked. "Like what?" He studied her curiously. "Like taking your men and actually build something for them. Build a life with them, lead them into something better. Build something instead of destroying other lives." She said. "There isn't room in our lives for something like that." Timber replied. "Why not?" she challenged.

"Tillie you have seen the world outside, how people treat each other." Timber sighed. "How the council rules with hunger, fear and violence. Have you ever thought that maybe there is another way?" she replied. Timber was silent as he looked over the woods. Tillie noticed how the threes were less dense and the landscape began to change. They drove past the city straight into the desert. Tillie's hand rested on her thigh and suddenly she felt Timber's large hand touch hers. He seemed hesitant to touch her. A spark of electricity raged through her body, gently she lifted her pink to stroke his hand. Tillie looked at him, his eyes darkening with desire as he placed his warm hand over hers. "There was never a reason to think otherwise." He finally answered. "There was nothing that pushed me to build something rather than destroy something" he confessed. "And now there is?" Tillie asked. "Yes there is." He replied with his beautiful smile.

Tillie tried to wiggle her hand out from under his. "Don't. I can see and feel that you enjoy the feeling of our skin touching." Timber said playfully stern. "No I don't." "Sweetheart, you initiated the touch." He smiled at her. "Yeah that was a mistake." "Was it?" he challenged. Timber flipped her hand over and with his thumb he ran over her hand palm. Goosebumps appeared immediately on Tillie's arm. "Your body betrays you." Timber smirked at her. She closed her eyes as she focused on her breathing. "Tell me you don't like it and I'll stop" Timbers warm voice filled her ear. "I don't like it." Tillie replied with a heavy breath. "So you aren't aroused by my touch at all?" he continued. "No I am not." Not sure if her voice sounded the least convinced.

Timber stopped the car in the middle of the dessert. "What are you doing?" Tillie looked shocked at the man next to her. "Close your eyes" Timber commanded. "Why?" she asked. "Breaker it's a command." He replied stern. Tillie did as Timber said. "I am going to see if you are telling the truth." He said with in a cocky voice. "What?" Tillie's voice came out in a shriek. "Keep your eyes closed Tillie." Tillie felt how his fingers trailed over her arms and then suddenly he lifted them. She felt a bit disappointed when the contact between them was gone.

And then suddenly she felt how he placed a soft, yet wet kiss on her collarbone. He moved higher on her neck and pressed a kiss behind her ear. A feeling Tillie had never experienced before ran through her body as a moan escaped her mouth. "You are lying Breaker" He said with a grin. Tillie opened her eyes and looked straight into Timber's, his mouth was still hovering over her neck. "Stop it." She whimpered. "Make me." He looked deep in her eyes. "Tillie?" He questioned her, Tillie felt conflicted because she didn't want to stop him at all. He gently kissed her again. A shiver ran through her body. "Tillie?" he asked again. She couldn't bring herself to stop him, she wanted this. She looked at him and licked her lips. "Say the words Breaker." Timbers voice filled her head. Tillie swallowed again and gathered all her courage.

"Stop it" her voice trembled as she said the words. In reality she had hoped he went further, but he pulled back and simply smiled at her. "As you wish sweetheart, but I know you are lying." He winked at her and a bright red blush appeared on her cheeks.