Book 1 chapter 2

2.

Not long after Emma grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door. "Let's go shopping I need new clothes all mine was burned in the fire" she borrowed her mother's car and we left for the mall when we got there we walked for hours in and out of every shop I was tired but I hid it. I know this would be our last day for a while. We got to victory secrets and went to have a look. Emma was busy filling her basket and I took a look at the sale section, I needed a new bra and maybe I could afford one on sale. Then I seen it, a gold bodice the same colour as the flecks in my eyes. It was beautiful it came with a matching thong. I checked the price and got so excited I would actually be able to afford this. The size was perfect for me and I was so happy with my purchase I grinned the hole way home. Emma brought me back to my fathers house but before she let me out of the car she handed me a small box. I quizzed it. She smiled "I'm going to miss your birthday tomorrow but I wanted to give you this. And watch you open it "
I opened it and gasped it was a beautiful rose gold ring with a wolf howling up in the air to a single diamond. Tears escaped my eyes and I pulled it out of the box. Ingraved in it it said "we were alone but we wear this and become one" I looked at her confused and she smiled.
"My mum gave me one when I was 18. She new I would find my mate and leave eventually but she wanted me to know that nomatter where I am she is with me. She has one also and we decided together that you deserve one to. Then when we have daughters we will give them one also" I smiled and put in on my right ring finger and pulled her into a hug "I love you and I love this. Promise me you will make an amazing life with Matt! You deserve the world. And when you settle in ring me ok?"
"Ofcourse lilly I love you 2. Now leave before I change my mind this is killing me" she frowned and I got out and blew her a kiss keeping my emotions inside then I got in through the door I held my breath. My father wasn't here so I relaxed and let every emotion out. I hated that she was leaving but she needed to go.

I got a hold of myself and then stood up and patted myself down. then went to my room and hid my stuff in a small suitcase in the attack above my room so my father wouldn't find it. Then I started to clean everything and everywhere the sweat was running of me. Then I started dinner. Tonight he was having pasta bake. It smelled Devine and as i cooked I ate little bits on the way because I new I would not be aloud any of the finished product. Then I started on the veg washing them and preparing them and finally roasting them in the oven. Just as I was finishing up I heard the door open and I winced and straightened up. I heard a low growl and I stayed stiff and choked out "dinner will be served in 5 minutes" then I put my head down and started to plate everything up. And my belly rumbled I really wished I could eat what I made but I turned and brought his plate over to him and he growled at me "sit down over there! You will watch me eat do you understand"
"Yes father" I winced
"Where the fuck were you last night you tramp, your giving me a bad name" he spat the words at me. I was actually offended. Iv never been with anyone so how could I give him a bad name?
"I was working and I stayed at Emma's after as it was late" I held my head down avoiding eye contact with the monster
"Here you mutt" he threw his plate at me and it smashed into the counter he laughed a menacing laugh then followed with "looks like your going to bed hungry tonight"
I ignored him and started to lift his mess then put it in the bin and wash whatever dishes was left I went up to my room so I could dream of my mate. My only escape. I locked my door behind me and lay down on the blankets in the corner. I didn't have a bed or even a mattress so I slept in the corner on top of blankets it was miserable but it was quiet so I crawled in and pulled out a few raw carrots I had stuffed in my bra and started to eat them when I was finished I thought about the pain I will go through tomorrow when I turn for the first time. Then I take a breath close my eyes and dream of my mate. I tell him everything that happened since I last saw him but in my head we celebrated me being 18, then we made love and I opened my eyes when we fell asleep in each other's arms. Gosh I love my make believe mate. My real one will never live up to him.
But then I realised the day and I jump up and done a little dance whooo I'm 18 I'm 18 I'm 18. Then I stop. I can shift. Ahhh I'm so excited so I run down stairs and realise I need to make the bastard breakfast first I do my routine and place his plate on the table but before I turn he grabs me by my scalp and knees the back of my head then flings me across the floor.