5. 2002...

-Raine's POV-

I woke up and quickly got ready for my job at the ice cream shop, yes, I still work there. And now, we're also selling nachos, tacos, and more, but my favorite of all is our carbonara. It tastes really great.

At night, I play at bars with my band, and yes, I finally have a band, I'm the vocalist and the guitarist, Melissa, a classmate of mine is the bassist, and would you believe? James is the drummer. He actually did what he promised me.

I got into my bike and made my way to the now fast food chain and typically fix everything with James still there to work with me, and of course our bassist Melissa. The three of us became like best friends, except Melissa has a crush on James.

"Hey Raine, do you know the news?" Melissa asks

"What news? I don't like reading news specially when I see the oil price changing numbers.'

'wow, coming from someone who doesn't even own a freaking car" James said

"Uh, excuse me, did we invite you in this conversation?" I said rolling my eyes

Melissa smiled when she saw he have already arrived, "good morning James" she said smiling.

'so, uh, Mel, what was the news?" I asked gently tapping her arm with my elbow

"Oh, yes. You remember Chris from college? The one who suddenly dropped out and flown to US? The one in the band called "Muse"?" She asked

"Oh the Muse thingy, yup. I know who they are, I mean there's Chris and the two other guys... So what's the deal with them?"

"They're back here now in our town to take a break from touring, all of my other co fans are going crazy. They're really massive now. You wanna come and see them?"

"Uhm... I'm not a fan, why would I want to see them?" I asked, while preparing the taco shells

"You know you might want to see Chris?"

"I don't need to see Chris, and he doesn't even know I existed for crying out loud, we never even talked. Like ever." I replied, maybe she thinks I'm still having a crush on him, well, I've seen one of his pictures on a magazine and I think he's definitely more handsome now, specially while holding a bass guitar, but no, not having a crush on him like before at school.

"okay, you said so" she said and suddenly stops fixing the ice cream cones and looks straight at the glass door

"what's that Mel? you see another ghostly spirit floating around again?" I asked jokingly and I realized, "oh the open sign. I totally forgot" I said and turns to the door and sees a van with the Muse logo, okay that's why she's frozen solid.

I casually turned to close sign to open and started to clean tables, then I see Chris coming out of the van...

I suddenly felt nervous, why... what the heck... I don't have a crush on him now, but he's so freaking hot when he gone out of the van and started walking towards here.

I tried and successfully looked away and I just looked down on the table and continued what I'm doing.

I hear the door chimes being shaken... he's actually coming in here, now...

okay just act casual Raine, remember, you don't have to show him you looked a little better than college, it's not a reunion and he doesn't even know what you look like...

"oh hey, remember me?" a guy said and when I looked up, it is Chris, of course, who else could it be... wait, he actually asked if I remember him? does he know me?

"uh, of course" I said and my voice cracked like I just hit puberty, "the bassist from the Muse band" I said clearing up my throat.

"no I mean Chris Wolstenholme from school, football, drummer, bassist... rocket baby dolls?" he asked.