6. Protectively

-Matt's POV-

After the breakfast, we got straight to do our normal stuff, we all stayed with our families and bonded with them for the whole day.

We decided to always visit the ice cream shop every breakfast because we loved the food, and because I always want to see the girl in the ice cream shop, every day. and we even invited Dom with us the third day we ate breakfast in there.

Although me and the girl didn't talk much, we look into each other's eyes a lot, and there's definitely a connection somewhere between us.

A few days later, Chris, Dom and I decided to have some fun for tonight, since it's also Friday.

Chris said he knows a great bar so we have agreed to go to there tonight to have some "boys night out" as normal guys in their 20s should be doing. Drinking, partying, meeting with beautiful girls, finding a date or just casually hooking up.

But here I am, I keep on thinking about the girl in the ice cream shop, I was sitting in the corner, quiet again instead of having fun with the lads.

I should stop thinking about her, why do I really feel like she's the girl from the telephone? If she was, I can't and I shouldn't try to get her, Chris likes her I guess, so I should step aside.

But I continued thinking and thinking until I hear the band starts to play, maybe I'll just listen to them... Ooh, they're playing something from Nirvana, it's Lithium.

I was just looking at them on the stage, and when the guitarist turns to face us, the audience, I suddenly noticed, it's the same girl in the ice cream shop, and also, the same crew she works with.

So, she is a musician too? And a guitarist too? Damn, why does it have to be like this... And wait, she's the vocalist too...

She has everything I ever dreamed a woman would have, talent, personality, well, based on the phone call, she seems to have a great personality, looks, well, she's not the prettiest girl I've seen but her innocent face, I could never get tired of looking at her, and her smile... I just can't... I shouldn't.

"I knew she works here." Someone said and when I turned to face where the voice is coming, I saw Chris.

"That's why I told you guys that this is the bar we'll be going to. I found out from their bassist that they work here with her." Chris said.

Now it's just harder for me to even think about going out with her, Chris is really sure about asking her out, I've never seen him this sure.

After their first set, Chris quickly approached her and hugged her, and asked her to sit with him.

"Matt, let's go and have some drink! You've got to meet this chic and her friend, they're both hot and Italian." Dom suddenly said making me snap out of my trance.

"Oh no, no, no, Matt. There's a hundred chics in here, and you're looking at that chic Chris is with? It can't be, he really likes Raine, even back in college." Dom said, concerned.

"Her name is Raine?" I asked with a smile.

"Yes. Raine the Asian girl from class, she's pretty, but not my type. Her face is too innocent looking but then she talks like a guy." Dom said.

Why didn't I meet her first?

"Come on!" Dom said and pulls me with him to sit with two Italian chics. I talked with them but my eyes stayed on Raine.

After awhile of talking with Raine, I saw Chris leaving her because he had to answer the phone. I continued answering the chic's questions but I keep on glancing on Raine's table and Chris was not coming back.

-Raine's POV-

When we finished our set, I saw Chris coming to me and he hugged me, I was surprised to see him here, but then Melissa told me she invited him. I got nervous again.

"I didn't know you were a beast onstage. You amaze me as always." He said.

'thank you..." I said and smiled.

He took me to a table and sat with me.

"So, you play music too, and you seem to love rock music." He said with a smile.

"I actually love rock AND metal music." I said.

"Really? Cool! I'm glad that we met again. I didn't have the balls to talk to you back then cause, I had a crush on you." He said and I smiled.

Wow, Chris Wolstenholme actually had a crush on me, too.

"Would it be okay if I take all your time tonight? Maybe hang out on my flat, cause Melissa told me you were interested on my bass guitars when she showed you a magazine with me on it." He said and took my hand.

"Wow! Cool! I'd love that. And I'd really love to know your tone on your Plug In Baby song."

"wow, you actually know a song of us? That's nice. I'd love to show you my tone, and my pedal effects. I never show that to anyone. I'll make sure this is gonna be a great night for me, you and all my bass guitars." He said and kissed my hand.

Wow, I always wanted to see his bass guitars on the magazine, and I can't believe I'll be going to his flat for tonight.

We continued talking and we started having some drinks, until Chris's phone rings, he looks at his phone and tells me he suddenly needs to meet someone.

He said it would be just for awhile, but it's already been an hour since he left, I guess it was an emergency.

I felt rejected, neglected, for some reason. So I just continued drinking.

After more drinks, I'm feeling more dizzy, my head was down on the table, I was supposed to stop and get my gear from backstage, but I felt someone sat beside me.

"Hey, you okay?" A guy's voice said and when I opened my eyes, I saw their vocalist and quickly fixed my position. "Yes I'm okay, just a little woozy, I'm getting my gear later on." I said.

"Is it okay if I ask, where's Chris?" He asked

"He said he needed to meet someone, maybe he would hang out with that person and show his bass guitars to them" I said sarcastically out of a little annoyance that he left me.

I absentmindedly continued drinking until the next thing I know, I was throwing up on the bathroom sink/vanity. The vocalist suddenly comes in and holds my hair while I continue to throw up and gave me a bottle of water.

I got up dizzly and thanked him. Then it all went black.