41. Intimacy

-Matt's POV-

Me and Raine got in the car, she sat in the backseat with Kurby, and I started driving.

I'm so thankful that she believed, and I think she really felt that I'm telling the truth, cause I am, and I would never ever waste those four years of wanting her, dreaming about her and loving her for nothing, now that I have her, I would never do anything to hurt her.

Whilst I'm driving, there was silence but I don't think she's mad at me, maybe she doesn't know what to say after what happened, so I decided to say something.

"Hey." I softly said.

"Yeah?" She asked

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For believing me."

"Well I... I felt that you're telling the truth."

"I'm happy you did, cause I really was. I told her to stay with my brother but she did this-" "don't talk about it anymore, okay? No need to explain." She said cutting me and smiling.

"I'm so lucky to have you."

"I don't think so, I've always been a pain in the ass for you"

"Nah you're not"

"Remember, first night we met, I got drunk and threw up on you? Then I accidentally said "I love you" to Chris and we became a couple, hurting you in the process? And I got sick? And that thing I had with Gaia who almost wanted to kill me? I'm a disaster to you."

I stopped the car somewhere and I came to the backseat and took her hand, "No no no... You're not. And I love taking care of you, I love saving you, I love protecting you. That's what makes me happy, so it's not the way you see it. You're not my disaster or my pain in the ass, you're my muse, my beautiful, amazing, precious muse. You make me the happiest, please always remember that." I said making her lean on me.

"You stopped the car to tell me that sweet speech?"

"No, I planned to stop here so we can have some talk and hang out."

"We can do that at your place."

"You want to go to my place for tonight?"

"If that's okay cause I'm carrying Kurby."

"Of course that's alright." I said smiling and petting Kurby who's on her lap, asleep.

"Thank you, Matt. I think I'm the one who's lucky to have you."

"Nah..."

"Yeah, you're caring, kind, talented, and of course hella handsome, what else could I ask for?"

"Oh, thank you. But still I'm lucky to have you. I hope you know that." I said and I kissed her forehead.

We sat there just leaning on each other, holding hands while we talk, until we decided to proceed and I started driving to my place.

After awhile, I reached my flat and led her in.

"You know, somehow, your instinct was right. We never should've gone there" she suddenly said while fixing her stuff on the couch.