30. Hiding

-Raine's POV-

Me and Matt have been a couple for a week now, and it's going really great.

In the daytime, I'm working and Matt's writing in the studio and jamming with the lads, then at night, he fetches me after work and we go to dinner, then we stay at his or my place.

Today, as Matt told me via text, the band recorded another song, and they already have a name for the next album. And now I'm cleaning the shop with Mel, he should be here any minute, but we got to make sure Mel doesn't recognize or see him...

Yep, we still hide all this from her as if we're cheating on her, I don't want her to get mad because all she knew was I am still with Chris, and I also know that she's got a huge crush on Matt, and I don't wanna hurt her.

"Hey Raine! Where you off tonight? We don't bond anymore like we used to." Mel said pouting.

"I'm sorry, I'm just busy with--" "with Chris?" She suddenly cuts me, "no, of course not." I said.

"Ever since you dated Chris, you don't hang out with me so much, not more than working here or doing gigs. It's like you already forgot about me."

"Hey, that's not true. You're my only friend in here, how could I even forget about you? Let me make it up to you... I'll come to your place tonight, I'll tell Matt... to tell Chris that I won't be able to go to his place tonight." I said sighing and hating myself for almost spilling.

"Good. Wait, you talk with Matt too?"

"Of course... I mean... Sometimes..."

"Does he...uhmm... Is he dating anyone?"

"Uh... I... I don't know if he's dating anyone really..." I said and as I walk closer to the door, I can see Matt's car, and he had to use his other car because Mel knows what his car is.

"Maybe you could ask Chris to ask Matt if he's dating anyone...? Please? For me?"

"That would be weird..."

"No, tell Chris I'm the one asking... Oh, I see Chris' car!" She said pointing to it and pulling me towards it with her.

Oh shoot, she might have thought that's Chris' car because that's the car that always fetches me.

"I always wanted to do this but you guys always rush away... I want to talk to Chris about why he doesn't let you hang out with me anymore... Hey Chris!" She said waving at the window and slightly knocking on it.

Please stop it Mel, it's Matt's new car...

Matt opens the window of the car... I'm screwed.

"Matt b-Bellamy?" Mel said, her voice going soft and shaky.

"Heyyy Matt! What are you doing here??" I said smiling so widely hoping Matt would get it.

"I'm just... I wanted to order some spaghetti." Matt said and smiled and I nodded smiling nervously.

"That's odd, you and Chris has the same car?" Mel asked.

"No, actually I just borrowed this car from Chris because mine was at my... mom's."

"That's great... Uhm Matt can you tell Chris that I won't be going to his place for tonight because I'm hanging out with Mel."

Matt pouts because we have planned something great for tonight, so I just looked at him as if saying sorry...

"Alright... You girls enjoy.." Matt said and smiled, and I smiled back thanking him...

"Wait Matt! Uhm... Is it okay if you hang out with us for tonight?" Mel asked.