32. Revealed

-Raine's POV-

The next day

I did my usual morning routine before going to the shop to do my shift.

I was just preparing the products, then Melissa arrives and greets me, and I greeted her back.

"So Raine... When am I going to see Matt again?" She asked

Oh great, she's seriously trying to persue my boyfriend.

"I don't know, didn't you ask for his number when you flirted with him?"

"Of course I'm not! The guy should be the one to make the first move"

"Then you kissing him isn't an initiation?"

"...well, you're right. He's got the softest lips. If I could just kiss it all day"

I suddenly remembered Matt telling me those exact words, I was supposed to get jealous but I unknowingly smiled.

"What are you smiling about? You thinking about Chris?" Melissa asked smiling.

"No... About Matt" I said picturing me and Matt kissing in my head.

"Why would you think about Matt?"

"Did I say I was thinking about Matt?" I said snapping out of my daydreaming.

"Yes you did."

"No, I meant I was thinking about how you and Matt would be so cute if you ever get a chance to date him..."

"Oh alright then. Would you be a doll and get me his number? Please?" She said

"Uhm... I'll try." I said and continued putting products on place.

The door chimes rings and a girl walks in, I can't quite see her face... Wait she's going closer...

"Raine!"

As she gets close, I see it's Gaia. Wow, we meet again! This is so cool.

"Gaia! Heyy!" I said smiling, "would you like to order something?" I asked

"Just give me menu, I choose okay?" She said smiling and she takes the menu I'm handing to her and sits somewhere.

"So you're friends with her, huh?" Melissa suddenly said, her voice a little lowered, and her eyes rolling.

"Why? Is there something wrong with making friends?"

"Is this the reason why you don't seem like interested on helping me with Matt?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"She is Matt's ex girlfriend and you're friends with her that's why you're not helping me on getting a chance with Matt. You should have just told me they are dating again so I can stop trying to get to Matt."

What? Matt's ex girlfriend? Matt never told me about her. We're friends, she gave me a copy of Showbiz album. Oh shoot. She must be the one Dom is talking about.

"Are you sure she's his ex girlfriend?" I asked

"...you don't know? She is. And there are rumors of them getting back together again."

I couldn't say anything, having mixed emotions.

"Raine?" She calls out waving at me, I don't know if I should even go there.

I reluctantly walked to her table and took her order and served it to her.

"Thank you, enjoy your meal." I said and just before I could go, she took my hand, "sit with me awhile, please?" She asked