25. Sunrise

-Raine's POV-

I woke up and did not see Matt beside me so I rushed started looking around for him, and found him on my balcony. Yes my room has that.

He turned as soon as I opened the door.

"Why are you up so soon? Are you okay?" I asked.

"Oh, uhm, I always watch the sunrise. It's like built in my system to wake up before 5am and watch the sunrise." He said and smiled, "now watching this with you would be much better. Come." He said offering his hand.

I took his hand and stood beside him, "I never watch the sunrise, I'm too busy sleeping and dreaming, this would be the first time." I said.

"Oh, wow, this is my first sunrise with you, and this is your first sunrise ever, and it's with me."

"Yup, that's actually cute." I said and nodded.

"Then after I watch the sunrise, I take a walk or walk my dog."

"Oh, nice. Are you a dog person?" I asked curiously.

"I guess so..."

"I'm a cat person."

"Do you have a cat?"

"I had one, back in Manila."

"Manila?"

"Uhm... I lived in the Philippines, and migrated here in 1991 when my mom married my step dad."

"Oh, that's what I always wanted to ask you, because Chris thought you were from Thailand and I thought you were Chinese."

"Well, I'm neither. But my mom's half Chinese so you were kinda right."

"Anyways, I would love to see your hometown or tour in your country, and maybe see your cat..." He said.

"Uhm, my cat died before I flew here, my stepdad didn't want me to own a cat. So before we could fly here, he told me to throw it away, and when I released it outside, it crossed the road and..." I said and looked down.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"No, don't worry. That's one of the reasons why I decided to live on my own. I'm not allowed to do stuff at our house so... I'm planning on having a cat now but I still don't have the time to look for one."

"We can buy you one if you like."

"No, I don't want to buy one, I want a cat to rescue and to give a home to." I explained.

"That's so sweet... What if I help you look for one today?"

"Oh that sounds fim. Wait, aren't you busy writing songs?"

"Oh no, no, I can write songs anywhere. And I want to write songs whenever I'm in the mood, I don't wanna pressure myself on writing stuff just to finish an album fast, the emotions in the song won't come out as I wanted."

"Oh, that's interesting. I've never written a song before, that's great advice for me."

The both of us continued chitchatting while we finally see the sun rising. Matt suddenly hugs me from behind as we watch.

"This is the most beautiful sunrise..." He whispered

"It's no different with other sunrises you've seen, right?"

"Yes, but it's with you. You make my world beautiful."

"Are you really that much of a sweet talker?" I said trying not to sound giddy.

"Nope, I actually suck at talking to the ladies even though they're already my girlfriend, but with you, I'm not afraid to sound..."

"Corny?"

He chuckled, "yes."

"Aww, I never thought I would hear a guy telling me the words you say. Even when you call me your muse is really romantic."

"Why would you ever think that wouldn't happen to you? You're not unlovable or unlikeable, you're charming, I'm not saying this because I love you or anything, but remembering the times I actually have seen you at school, I thought you were cute and approachable."

"I guess so, yes, I have a lot of friends, but with guys, I have never been asked out ever before Chris."

"Really? I feel bad for those guys, they would never get the chance to be with a great woman like you."

"Ohh sure."

Matt makes me turn to look at him. "Believe me. I am the luckiest guy ever to be able to be with you. You're kind, funny, and the most beautiful girl I ever laid my eyes on." He said, making sure I heard every word and I can't help but to nod in obedience and trust in him.

"I believe you." I said and he hugs me and I hugged back.

"Now, let's have some breakfast and we will find you a cat." He said pulling away.

"Aww, that would be nice. Let's go." I said and walked into my room with him.

He decided to make the breakfast for us and it was amazing, well, it was just french toast with sunny side up egg, Bacon and coffee, but when someone you love made it, it's like the best food. I guess Matt was right about your loved one making your world beautiful.

We proceeded to go and look for a cat on the streets, because that's my first option, cats on the streets are the needy and most deserving ones to be rescued, but we didn't find one on the streets, they must have been rescued and put on to shelters. That's my next option.

We came to the nearest animal shelter and finally found a kitten who's been rescued from a flood. It was gray, with gray eyes and it's a boy.

"What should we name him?" He asked me.

"I wanted to name him after you, but it would be weird if I call you and he comes to me... How about Kirby?"

"That's the one. But instead of a regular Kirby, spell it with U. Kurby."

"Alright. Kurby it is then." I said smiling. "We're taking him." I told the staff and they handed Kurby to me.

"Thank you so much." Matt said and gave something to the lady and took the adaption papers. Then he followed me outside.

"Thank you for helping me get a cat." I said.

"Of course, now let's buy Kurby some toys and vitamins." Matt said and he seems very excited.

"Oh great idea... But my salary is later..."

"Well, in the adaption papers, we are his guardians, so we can share with his expenses and needs."

"Aww, alright, then if you spend 48 pounds on him today, I'll give you 24. Settled."

Matt giggles and nods.

We bought everything Kurby will be needing and I feel like we're actually buying stuff for our baby, yeah I'm weird.

We had so much fun shopping for Kurby, having a tour around town and just being with each other in general. It was a perfect day, and the smiles on our faces never left.