40. Faithfulness

Raine's POV

I saw Matt and his ex kissing, then he quickly pulled away and saw me, standing there with Chris.

Matt saw my reaction so he quickly ran to me and held my hand, "let me explain."

"Okay, explain." I said cause I trust him.

"We were having a closure-"

The girl suddenly stands between us, "-no. We're not, we still love each other. I'm divorced with his brother now, so we can finally be with each other again." She cuts Matt.

What the actual heck?! I can't believe this! How could Matt do this to me?!

"You know that's not true!" Matt exclaimed angrily at the girl.

"what the hell is this, Matt?" Chris asked, furiously.

Without a word, I stormed out of the scene, ran off.

"Raine please.." Matt said probably running after me.

So that's why his brother didn't care as much when she obviously wanted Matt for herself awhile ago, because they're divorced, and she can finally do whatever she wants.

I guess I was right about getting mad at him earlier.

I can't believe Matt could do this to me, I thought he could never hurt me ever. He was the best thing that's ever happened to me.

I ran straight to his room, while crying, I started packing Kurby's stuff.

I heard Matt's footsteps rushing towards here so I quickly wiped my tears, and then I saw him running through the door making his way to me.

I looked away, cause I couldn't even look at him right now.

"Raine..." he said, his voice shaking.

I didn't answer and I continued packing.

"Raine, please... Don't believe her... Yes, it's true that she still loves me, but I told her I... I don't anymore." He explained .

"And so you kissed her for nothing?"

"I told her to stay with my brother, then she suddenly kissed me, that's the very moment you came in." He explained further his voice trembling, he might be starting to cry, I don't know cause I'm really not looking at him.

I felt him hugging me from behind, really tight, and I heard him sobbing.

I froze, when he hugged me and cried on my shoulder, somehow, I feel that he's telling the truth.

I tried to get away from his grip but I couldn't.

"Raine, please... Believe me. I could never afford to lose you... I love you and only you, I'm telling the truth. Please .."

He might be telling the truth. But I'm still mad at him so I want to get out of here.

"Get off me, Matt." I said trying not to cry.

"No, please believe me. I'm telling the truth." He begged crying.

I'm really trying to resist him, and it's too hard, I really feel like he could be telling the truth.