38. Issues

-Raine's POV-

The next day...

I felt a soft kiss against my lips and I slowly opened my sleepy eyes and saw Matthew's precious sleepy face greeting me, I put my arms around his neck as we continue giving each other soft kisses.

"Good morning, my muse." his sleepy voice softly said between our kisses.

"Good morning, babe..." I said and I gave his bottom lip a soft bite, I don't know why I did that but it felt right.

"Ooh... If I could just kiss you all day." he said while staring at me in a certain way.

"But you know you can't, because you need to be down there and celebrate your brother's birthday and I have to take care of Kurby and... KURBY!" I said realizing and I quickly got up to check on him and I saw him lying on Matt's chair, he still looks weak and tired.

"Do you need anything for him?" Matt asked.

"don't worry, I carried everything he could need." I said while petting him.

"I'll get him some water... What do you want for breakfast?" He asked.

"I don't know, what do you want for breakfast?" I asked cause I can't think of anything.

"Are you available?" He said in a sensual but joking tone with a smirk.

"I'm afraid I'm not" I just said giggling nervously, and blushing, this guy just makes me weak.

"Alright, maybe some bacon, bread with soup or coffee?"

"Oh wait wait! I got an idea! I'll be cooking Sinangag for us!"

"What's sin-uh-ngeg?" He asked confused.

"Just Filipino term for garlic fried rice. Then umma cook some fried stuff like chicken, bacon, or hotdog, then put some egg with them. Then you got a traditional Filipino cuisine, SiLog meals." I explained.

"Sounds good to me... Let's go?"

"Alright but I need to feed and give Kurby his meds first before anything." I said and starts making Kurby's food and preparing his meds and he gets some water for him.

After awhile, Kurby's all set so we decided to head downstairs, I saw Matt's mom, dad and his brother.

"Good morning, Raine." His mom greeted with a smile.

"Good morning, Mrs. Bellamy." I said smiling too.

"She's the girl, George." His mom explained.

"Oh... Good morning dear." His dad greeted with a smile too.

"Same to you, Mr. Bellamy." I said smiling.

His brother didn't say anything, but I saw him glance at me. I feel like he and Matt are not okay.

"So Matthew, I didn't know you like Asians." His brother said and laughed awkwardly.

"I didn't know you liked Scottish people." Matt said, not even looking at him.

There was awkward silence.

"So what are you two having for breakfast?" His mom said breaking the silence.

"We're not going to eat here. I'm going to show her around too so..." Matt said taking my hand, "we'll head for awhile." He said and pulled me out of the house and we got into his car.

"I was supposed to cook for you. What was that?" I asked pouting.

"I'm sorry, I just... Can't stand being around him."

"Why?"

"It's nothing, family stuff."

"I think it's more than that."

"Alright. Remember the day I chose my dream over my girlfriend? And then she broke up with me?"

"You've told me that over the phone. Yes."

"There's something I haven't told you, the both of us are actually helping on my girlfriend's father's company. And he has always liked her, but she liked me and we dated."

"Then what?"

"When she got to Scotland, I tried calling her for a few weeks, although I started liking you that moment, a part of me kinda still wanted to fix things up with her, or maybe have a closure. Then I found out my brother blocked the way for us to communicate to finally have her. Now, they're married." He explained with annoyance in his voice.

I kinda got jealous that he's still mad at his brother because of his ex, so I didn't say anything for awhile.

"Hey..." He said worried, he must have realized my reaction.

"Are you still mad at him because of your ex?"

"No no no no no... Not that. I'm mad at the fact that he would betray me for a girl." He explained.

That makes sense, so my jealousy starts to cool down, but I still didn't say anything.

"Heyyy" he said taking my hand.

I stayed silent.

"Heyy" he persisted

I still stayed silent.

"Hey." He again persisted with more worry in his voice.

I just turned to him and smiled a bit to lessen his worries.

"Goodness, I'm lucky to have you." He said kissing my hand.

"Enough with the complements. I'm hungry." I said sternly.

"Alright, alright, anything for my muse." He said and starts driving.

My paranoid mind starts having thoughts about Matt and his ex. His brother is married to her, so she'll be coming here for his birthday.

What if Matt sees her and feels something for her again? What if she still loves Matt? I hope not.

I'm quiet the whole trip, so Matt's look turns worried again.

"Hey, are you still mad?" He asked.

"Kinda."

"I understand, but I want to make sure, I have no feelings and no nothing's about my ex alright? I'm just mad at my brother for betraying me. That's all."

"You better make sure."

"I've said it and I'll say it again, I've started loving you and only you the moment we talked on the phone. You changed my life, made me what I am today. Please don't think that I'll still feel anything for her after these years of wanting you and searching for you and finally being with you." He explained sincerely.

"Okay, I trust you. But please don't ruin that trust. Once you do, it will give you the hardest time to get it back." I said.

"I understand and again I'm sorry you ended up thinking about that. I guess I shouldn't have brought you here. Now, you have doubts about me."

"No it's alright you did, and don't worry, nothing's changed." I said although there's definitely some paranoia there.

"Thank you... Alright. We're here." He said pulling over.

We got in a breakfast restaurant and had some over there. Although it was not the breakfast I planned for us, at least I'm with him, that makes my day.