14. Interruption

-Raine's POV-

Chris and I talked for some time, but the only thing crossing my mind was I never want to hurt Chris but I have to be honest to him.

"Chris, I have to tell you something-"

He cut me off and asked If he could tell me what he wants to say first.

He started talking and all I can do was look around the room, and think about how I would tell Chris that my feelings for him is not the same anymore.

I suddenly saw Matt, watching us through a small opening on the curtain.

My heart beats fast as soon as I saw him there, I completely lost track of what Chris was talking about.

"I love you..." words suddenly came out of my mouth but I didn't say it, it's like my mouth decided om its own, I got no idea why and how.

I suddenly felt Chris putting a bracelet on my wrist and he pulled me for a hug.

What was happening? I had no idea. Please don't tell me I got myself into trouble.

"I wrote a song for you." Chris said and his other band mates came out

They started to play a beautiful love song Chris might have written for me and I was constantly staring at Matt the whole performance.

My tears started to fall down, I feel guilty about something I don't even know. I really feel like I should be with Matt.

In such a short time I have been with him, I feel a strong connection, it's pulling me towards him. His actions makes me weak, the way he took care of me. I even feel like I've known him longer than Chris.

Chris kissed me after they have performed the song, now I realized, I'm definitely in trouble. Chris probably thought those words were for him.

After the dinner date, I had no choice but to just stay with Chris, I don't want to ruin his happiness.

I feel like an unfaithful girlfriend, no, a slut. I'm with Chris, but here I am, thinking about another guy.

I was still in confusion about everything that happened... Am I going to tell Chris and hurt him or just let him be happy while I'm not?

Chris led me to the room within the venue. He once again started kissing me, I didn't kiss back, I couldn't, but he continued kissing me passionately.

His kisses goes down to my neck while his hands roams around my body and I felt that he was slowly lifting my shirt up.

"Chris, wait." I said, holding my shirt down.

"What is it babe?"

"I'm sorry... I don't want to do this right now."

"Oh... Aw. My baby is still not ready. How adorable. That's one of the things I love about you. Your innocence. I would wait no matter how long. And I'm happy to see you not giving in too fast." He said with a smile and he pulled me for a hug.

"I'll just drop you home, eh?" He offered.

"Oh sure, thank you." I said and tried to smile.

"By the way, before I get you home, I want to give you something." He said and he left the room for awhile and came back carrying something behind him.

"Here's one of my basses. One of the basses that I used on making Origin of Symmetry. Melissa told me you loved a lot of songs in that album without actually knowing it was us, Muse, cause she plays a lot of our stuff."

What?! He's giving me one of his bass guitars? God, I don't deserve this.

"thank you so much for being so thoughtful. But I couldn't accept this. Your bass is important to you, and that's what you used on making those songs? It's worth more than gold. I don't deserve that."

"You're worth more than golds and diamonds combined. Please accept this. It would make me the happiest." He insisted.

He took my hand and made me hold the neck of the bass. I don't know what to do. I couldn't possibly hurt him, he was being such a sweetheart.

"How about I leave it here for awhile? It wouldn't be safe at home if they find out it was Chris Wolstenholme's bass guitar. " I said handing him the bass back.

At least it's still not in my place, so I still don't consider it as mine. I couldn't accept this and hurt him, no.

"Okay. As you say babe. Now, let's go?"

"Alright." I said and followed him as he led me outside and to his car.

I opened the door and got in the backseat.

"Why are you sitting in there? You should be here next to me. Although, I wouldn't mind seeing a beautiful passenger on my mirror."

I just smiled and he started the engine. Chris and I had a little talk the whole trip, until the car stops.

"Thank you for the ride, Chris." I said and I got out of the car and he got out too.

"So this is goodnight?" He asked.

"Yeah..."

"Goodnight, and thank you for one of the greatest days of my life."

"Thank you, too."

"Would you mind?" He asked and leaned close to me and gave me a kiss, it lasted for a few seconds then he pulled away.

"Goodnight Chris." I said and waved at him and walked in the building feeling guilty and hating myself.

I wanted to ask someone about my situation but no one in this flat even knows me. Yes. We kind of rent rooms here and stuff. I never got out to talk to anyone, I act too shy I guess.

What if I call the party line?

It's been so long since I did so, thanks to the guy who left me on air.

Anyways, at least someone would give me advice, plus that person wouldn't have a clue who I am so why not.

I dialed the party line number...

"Hello?" I asked

"Hello... Raine...?" A familiar voice softly said.