37. Sudden

-Matt's POV-

Raine was sick for two days and we have spent time with each other through those days.

We enjoyed each other's company, as we always do, might be one of the reasons she got better quickly.

Today, I'm at the studio recording a song called "Butterflies and Hurricanes" whilst she got back to working.

Since her guy friend left, her muser friend has gotten really sad, of course Raine is too, but she said Mel's always liked him since college.

I can see Raine is trying to help her, so I asked Dom to keep an eye on her, Dom knows how to make the girls feel better for some reason, yep, he's got that quality and charm.

Ooh it's 8:30 pm, it's time to fetch Raine, can't wait to see her again.

I fixed myself and my gear before leaving, and as I was about to leave, I got a text from my mom, "Matt, could you come home for tonight? We are celebrating your brother's birthday tomorrow."

Oh yes, it's Paul's birthday tomorrow. I almost forgot, what kind of brother am I? Well, we're still on a bit of a falling out.

I called the shop.

"Hello is Raine around?"

"Matt?" her raspy voice said

"Oh Raine... uhm... We can't go out to dinner tonight."

"Oh, it's alright. But are you okay?"

"I'm alright, it's just that I'm leaving for tonight. I'm staying at my mom's for my brothers birthday tomorrow."

"Oh.. okay... Enjoy yourself" she said giggling a bit.

"I don't think I'm gonna. Because I'm gonna be missing you."

"Oh come on Matt, aren't you tired of seeing the same face for almost a month straight?" she said giggling.

"I could never get tired of looking at your face, you know that." I said smiling.

"Aww. You flatterer. Anyways I got to go. I'll just be saving this Spaghetti a la Matt for next time."

"No! No! Wait... I'm actually planning on coming by to your flat before I go to my mom's..."

"Oh great! See you then."

"Alright, love you."

"Love you too, Matthew" she said ant hung up.

I rushed to my car happily, cause God I missed that kind of spaghetti.

I drove to her place and got in the building and knocked on her room.

She opened, "hi Matt... I just got home. Come in."

I kissed her and then I came in and took a seat.

And her cat quickly greeted me by rubbing himself against my legs.

"Aww, he's actually sick... I think he missed his uncle Matt" She said.

"Aww... How about you, don't you miss uncle Matt?" I asked jokingly while I pet her cat

"No I don't. I miss my boyfriend Matt so." She said chuckling.

"How much do you miss him?" I asked smirking.

"I missed him so much that I made him a treat." She said handing me the food.

"Aww, thank you..."

"Sure..."

"How long has he been sick?"