34. Care 01

-Raine's POV-

Melissa overheard everything and walked in and just looked at me.

I explained everything that happened, she couldn't believe at first but eventually she understood the situation.

She apologized for flirting with Matt and even kissing him in front of me, I accepted her apology although that kiss made me damn jealous, so she said she'll make it up to me tomorrow.

I'm worried about Matt, I think he's mad at me because of all these "hiding our relationship to my friends" thing, he maybe feels that I'm too complicated to be with.

I texted him while continuing the gig, because I can't let my emotions go first tonight, or I won't have some pounds to pay the rent tomorrow.

After the gig, I got home and fed Kurby, while still sending texts to Matt, hoping he would reply but he didn't.

I decided to go to his house and talk this out with him so I prepared Kurby's toys, food and litter, enough for a day then I got out and waited for a cab.

Dammit, there's no cab stopping!

I felt rain drops so I quickly put out my umbrella and it starts raining and still no cab stopping so I started walking, I know Matt's flat is a bit faraway but whatever.

While walking, I heard a car beeping so I turned, and a white car stopped beside me then the front seat window opened and... It's Chris.

I couldn't say anything,

"Do you need a ride?" He asked and smiled a bit

"I... I'm fine, thank you for offering." I said, looking down.

"Come on, if you're still thinking about what happened that night, don't anymore, please." He said.

But I didn't want him to give me a ride to Matt's, that would be too much.

"Are you going to Matt's?" He asked.

"...kind of." I said looking down even more, not wanting to see his reaction.

"Great! I'm also heading there to give him something, you can ride along with me. Don't walk in the rain, you'll get sick."

"But... I'm really fine. A cab will stop." I said waving at cabs who are not stopping.

"Come on, I insist." He said sternly.

I nodded and reluctantly opened the car and got in on the backseat.

He started driving... I feel guilty again so I can't talk.

"So how've you been? I haven't seen you for almost a month." He said cutting my silence.

"Great... I guess."

"Is Matt hurting you?"

"What? No."

"What's bothering you?"

"It's just... His Italian ex who still loves him became my friend and I didn't know anything about them and she found out about us and got mad. I thought denying Matt to her could save our friendship, but Matt didn't let me deny him again."

"Again?"

"Yes, with my friend Melissa. All she knew was... You and me are still... together. I couldn't tell her the truth at first so I hid Matt from her."

"Why?"

"Because she might think I'm this slut who wants to have all three Muse members, and you know how crazy she is about you guys."