Chapter 38: Am I Important To You?

*Lies beneath love. Lies beneath peace. Lies beneath death. Lies that we can never covered with truth without hurting anyone.*

———————

We are near to the end. Thank you for still holding on, up until this chapter.

———————

Hanbin was already exhausted when he gets home after dealing with Dahyun and the spy of the Moon province, that was the last one. The leaders can go back tomorrow and he also found trustworthy men who can be his eyes and ears in the borders and in the NCCC..that was of course, with the help of Dahyun. Everything is back to normal already and he can focus on Lee Hi from now on.

He took off his shirt and lie down next to Lee Hi. Finally he can rest! He used to take a shower in his office in the Infinity Club everytime going home since he don't want to show Lee Hi how messy he is everytime he's dealing with his enemy. Because it's always been a brutal way of killing.

Her back was facing him but that's just fine..as long as she's near and can hold her tight. He nuzzled her hair and hug her even more. He missed her scent, damn the nights that he wasn't able to go home. Now that everything is settled he'll make sure that he'll make it up to her.

"I love you." He whispered. He said the words he think she wanted to hear even in her sleep, yet he didn't notice how tears escape from Lee Hi's eyes on that exact moment. Because the light is off he wasn't able to see how puffy her eyes were because of too much crying.

'Those three words, eight letters isn't enough anymore to ease the pain I am feeling right now, B.I. I am hurting. I wanted to know if you hiding are something from me. May I know where are the other leaders? Why do you trust Dahyun that much and why not me?' Those where the question she wanted to ask but kept her silence and just pretended that she's asleep.

The next day, Hanbin was awaken by a phone call with a news that Kim Dahyun is missing. Suddenly, all of his senses became alert. His drowsiness vanished into thin air.

His forehead was knotted into thin line as his face turn cold and grim. "What the fuck you mean, Kim Dahyun is missing?" His words were sharp as knife and cold as iceberg that penetrates deep into the bones. "Find her!" He throws the phone and pinch the bridge of his nose. He actually forget that Lee Hi is still sleeping and he's in their room.

He took a glance at sleeping Lee Hi. Sadness flashed across his eyes. 'I am sorry babe. I thought I could make it up to you, but I guess..I won't for today. Just wait for me and I'll tell you everything.' With that he went straight to the bathroom and took a bath.

"Miss." Min called Lee Hi's attention. She's on the lawn playing with Bao-bao and Lulu again.

"He's not coming home again tonight, is he?" She asked. She's used to it yet she still can't help but to be disappointed.

Silence.

A bitter smile form onto Lee Hi's lips. How many days has it been when Hanbin didn't go home just to find Kim Dahyun. She doesn't want to be selfish but she's already hurting. She's willing to wait, but until when? Is there a guarantee that when Hanbin gets home it was her..whom he still love? She's the girlfriend yet she's the one who's asking for his time. She's the one who's been hurting even more.

The news that Kim Dahyun is missing didn't bring her any good news though. First, she felt sad because she thought they can still be friends. Second, she felt her pain..because she knew letting go of someone we dearly love isn't easy..it took more courage before we could actually do it. It's like holding on the stem of a rose that was full of thorns. It's more painful to hold on than to let go. Yet we still choose to hold on..because we knew we can endure it. Lastly, because she can see the pain in Hanbin's eyes everytime she's looking into it. The glitter in his eyes faded even if he's looking at her. He maybe smiling but she knew he's restless and hurting. She can't bear to see him hurting.