Chapter 7: What Can I Do For You, Miss Lee?

*Sometimes owing favors from others will only lead to misery. Because they know that you owe them therefore they will act as though they own your life. That's why sometimes it is much better to do everything on your own.*

———————

"Because I don't need your pity." Lee Hi said straightforwardly. She doesn't want to say the exact reason that's why she's giving him a more appropriate and pleasant reason, but he kept on asking. There she just told him the real reason. "I just don't need your pity, B. I leader of Sun Province and N City."

Her answer make Hanbin smirked. 'She's really a one of a kind woman. A gold in a bucket of silver.'

"Please don't pity me. I don't actually appreciate if someone pity me when in fact I don't think there's anything I ever need anymore. Having too much with anything is bad, leader of Sun Province—"

"Just Kim Hanbin or simply Hanbin, Miss Lee. Well, on the second thought, just call me Hanbin. We're not arguing about this request of mine, are we?"

She met his pitch black pupil that is dark as the night. She's drowning and freezing at the same time in his deep and icy gaze.

"But I can't accept it back, Miss Lee. You may leave now." He said with finality. He turned his back on her and lit his cigarette that he's been holding since earlier.

Lee Hi doesn't have a choice but to bow her head and carry the money in her thin but strong arms. He already dismissed her so she can't argue anymore. She'll accept defeat for now, but she'll not stop unless Kim Hanbin take the money back.

Lee Hi went straight to her room as soon as she got home. She let her exhausted body rest on her single but comfortable bed. She fell asleep right away. Leave all of her thought behind and went to the dreamland.

She doesn't feel good when she woke up the next day. All of her body was aching from too much working yesterday at the N City Super Market. She prove to everyone that she really deserved her post after going back, not just because Mr Choi is in favor of her...especially not because with the leaders' connection. As a matter of fact she doesn't want her name to be acquainted with them. People will never stop talking about her, bad mouthing her and snickering at her with strange looks in their faces.

She's avoiding conflict. She doesn't want anyone to be her enemy, it will only be a hindrance for her everyday life. But still no matter how much she avoids it, people will still judge her and throw unpleasant words at her.

It's people's nature to pull you down when you are somewhat above them. It doesn't matter if it's truly above or just slightly above. The idea of them being left behind is a big no for them, therefore they'll keep pulling you down until you're the same level as them.

Lee Hi prepared her breakfast, just a bread and butter. While eating hear bread she's cooking her lunch. When she's done she just left it there to cool it. She took a bath for twenty minutes including her preparation and applying her make up. After she's done she go back to the kitchen and put her lunch in the tupperware and put in a separate bag.

She walk with hurry because she's running out of time. She only have then minutes to be in the Super Market premises. She beep her card for time in and put her luggage to her locker then go to her post. She starts the day with a smile on her face.

"What is your lunch, Miss Lee?" Asked by Robert Choi before she could even walk to her locker to get her lunch he block her way again.

"Just the usual, Manager Choi." She answered with politeness. She's been looking at her wrist watch from time to time, first to give Robert Choi a hint that he's wasting her precious one hour time that is dedicated for her lunch. Second, she's not interested of what he's about to say. "If you're going to offer me a lunch, then I apologize but I will not accept it."