Chapter 42: I Am Sorry Noona

*We don't break nor hurt the one we love. If only we became honest with them, we wouldn't hurt them the way they endure the pain.*

———————

Warning: Language

———————

Just like a bomb that exploded that's what Hanbin felt when he received a report from Min that Lee Hi is dead. He hurriedly went to the N City Hospital to confirm wether his first in command guard is telling the truth or not. But as soon as he reached the hospital his fast walk halted, suddenly his steps became heavy...especially when he saw all the first in command guards were line up infront of one particular room. He read the signage, it says Morgue. No, this isn't real. This is not happening. He's just dreaming..there's no way that Lee Hi will be inside that room lying, lifeless. Min will do everything just to protect her, so why would she die?

"What happened?" His voiced was calmed but beneath it there's danger in it. One wrong answer and life will be the price.

The twelve District leaders are there too. No emotions can be read on their faces. They knew that Lee Hi's death will be Hanbin's death too. It pains and sad to hear that Lee Hi is dead..after all they treated her as their real sister. She's close with everyone and no one is exception. She's a family member and they lost her.

"Tell me what fucking happened Min!?"

"She insisted to go alone to a place she think she'll find peace."

"And why the fuck did you let her leave huh!?"

"If I only knew this would happen, I wouldn't let her." Min's voice broke. "But you didn't see the pain in her eyes!" He shouted. "You've never seen the pain and loneliness in her eyes, Hyungnim." He repeated, in a now calm voice as though letting Hanbin know that it fucking hurts too because at some point, it was his fault. He should have told him sooner that Lee Hi has been hurting for a long time now. This wouldn't have happened. He shouldn't be living in regret as guilt keep eating him alive as second passed by. He shouldn't be blaming himself for coming late to save her Miss.

"She's hiding her disappointment by showing a bright smile, Hyungnim. Haven't you noticed that? She's always been waiting for you everyday..but everytime...you didn't come home. She's been longing for you, do you know that?"

"What?" He asked in disbelief. 'No she's not. She told me she's just okay. She's showing me her bright smile everytime I am going home, even though it only happened seldom this past few weeks..'

"Miss Lee Hi, cook your favorites everyday. She even go to the market at dawn to by some fresh goods but you never came home. She's been crying everyday and every night yet you didn't come home to wipe away those tears. You didn't hear her crying. She's been selfless all this time, Hyungnim, yet you failed to notice it."

"Why are you telling me this now? You are fucking lying!" He shouted then brought out his gun and pointed at Min. His first in command guard didn't even move an inch. He's ready to accept any punishment that Hanbin will give him, to lessen the guilt perhaps. If he die today..it will just be fair. A life for life..by then he wouldn't live in regret and guilt.

"Hanbin!" Jinu called and stand infront of him, blocking the way. "He's your first in command guard for fuck sake!"

"I don't care! He's fucking lying to me!"

"I hope I am Hyungnim but I am not." He said in audible voice.

"Save your breath, Min! This time you'll really not getting away with the punishment I'll give you. Move, Jinu." He warned.