Chapter 5: Yours Is Just About To Bloom

*Our family will always be our escape. Period.*

———————-

"That's fifteen thousand ma'am. What would you like to use as a payment?" Lee Hi asked the customer with politeness.

"I'll use my credit card, thank you." She gets the card from the customer with respect then processed her payment for the grocery she bought.

"Thank you ma'am." She give back the card and give the lady a huge smile. Another customer line up. Lee Hi process it again and end the transaction with a huge smile on her face. What she's doing is just like on repeat when playing a good song. Though she's a bit exhausted she didn't let anyone see it.

She took her time to full her stomach with nutritious food when her break time came. She's putting her things inside her locker when two of her colleagues came.

"Having a thick face is indeed a talent."

"How dare she come back after resigning? Tss. I just don't understand why is Manager Choi in favor of her when he clearly doesn't like her in the very first place."

Ever since she came back this morning that same day the leaders offer her a ride home, everyone has been gossiping and snickering about her. But she just ignored them all for she's used to it already. If everyone hates you...all you should do is to ignore them, to avoid more conflict but the main reason is to annoy them even more..because whatever they do or say...it doesn't give you a damn at all. You just don't care.

The leaders give her a ride home isn't a big deal at all....REALLY NOT A BIG DEAL, especially with Robert Choi, N City's Super Market manager. He's on his late 40s but he's already balding. A bumpy stomach just like Santa Claus. Two implanted gold teeth infront of his teeth. He was born with a small pair of eyes, therefore when he's mad or smiling it's vanishing.

Lee Hi saw it when he got mad at her when she decided to resign impromptu. He's raging mad and even catching his breath the whole time he's talking that time. Not only his face was red but his entire body. But this morning was different both for Robert and Lee Hi. The anger in Robert's face was no longer there. He's smiling at her all time, she's been afraid that Robert's lips might tear into two because of too much smiling. While Lee Hi on the hand can't explain what was going on with their Manager. But upon mentioning the name of the leaders of N City. Probably the news of the leaders give her a ride scattered in town already like a virus.

"I didn't know that the leaders of N City are in favor of you. I apologized for my bad behavior last time and for saying unpleasant words towards you. I hope it didn't remain in your mind and heart. Forgive this old man for he's aging as day goes by." Lee Hi remember his words when he talked to her earlier in his slightly messy private office. Far from what she's expecting that he'll scold the shit out of her and will not let her go back at her post before she resigned.

"I don't hold grudges towards someone Manager Choi. But thank you for accepting me again here in N City Super Market."

"No, no, no. Don't mention it. It just a simple favor I could do for you. After all it is I who had said things about you. Again I apologize."

"Apology accepted. Can I start my work now?"

"Oh sure, go ahead." Then he give her a huge smile again. Lee Hi that was in daze bowed her head before she get out of his office.

Lee Hi closed her locker's door and fixed her hair then apply a lipgloss on her natural pink lips. Completely ignoring her colleagues as if they never existed at all. Upon walking on the hallway to her post she was block by Robert Choi's figure.