Chapter 40: But He's Not Here!

*As long as there's reason for us to stay we will stay..and sometimes even though there's no reason anymore we still want to stay. It's people's nature to endure the pain and be in misery than to let go and just be happy. Only few people is smart and strong enough to let go than to hold on.*

——————

BGM- Words Of My Heart by Kristel Fulgar

———————

"Do you care for her B.I?" She asked after three days of him not going home. His promise the other day was broken again that he'll be going home, but he didn't. He went home after three days had passed and that is that day. There's restrain in her voice and her emotion not wanting to show what she truly feel right now, the disappointment, hurt and pain.

"What kind of question is that, Lee Hi?" His brows knotted into thin line. "Of course I do."

'Lee Hi, not babe.' She closed her eyes to calm herself to hide the emotion in her eyes. 'He did answer that Dahyun is important to him. But when I asked him if I am important to him..I didn't even receive any answer.'

'I want to know how important she is to you so that I know where to stand..because it seems that your world is revolving into her now..and not with me anymore. And it feels like you're more than afraid to lose her than to lose me...that you didn't even notice I am hurting and I am drifting away, B.I.'

"Are we talking about this again?"

"No. I am sorry I asked again. I won't next time. Go on, find her. I won't interfere anymore. Sorry for my behavior. Just make sure that the next you'll get home..it's still in this home." '..it is still in my arms.' "Always be careful, I will always be waiting where you left me, babe. Remember that with you..I am home. Don't forget that." 'Don't forget which home you belong, B.I.'

Yesterday, he promised her again that they will be having a dinner, yet it didn't happen. Again for the nth time, she still understood his situation. Now that she's just asking about how important Dahyun is to him..she was misunderstood.

"I love you. Do you know that?"

"I know. I'll go now. Wait for me."

'Where's the I know and I love you more? Where's the wait for me babe? I hate to admit it..but you win Dahyun. You're not even the girlfriend yet you won.'

"It's late, are you leaving again?" There's longing in her voice already when she asked him.

"I need to, please understand."

She smiled. "I understand..who am I not to? Please always be careful. I will be waiting here. I love you."

"Goodbye." Then he kissed her forehead. Then he leave..just like that.

'Just goodbye, no I love you anymore.' Tears rolled down from her eyes again. Thousand needles are hurting her heart again as though she wasn't really get used to it.

"I am sorry about yesterday. Will you go home tonight, please? I really wanted to eat dinner with you, besides I also noticed that you're getting skinny." She plead another day that she's begging for him to come home. Exactly seven weeks since Dahyun was missing.

"Sorry babe, I can't make it today."

"Do you care for her?" She wasn't able to stop herself to ask again. How many times did she ask about this yet she still don't get used to the answer that Hanbin is giving her.