008. ꕥ Demons

What the hell is Finn thinking? Jasper isn't a lost cause

Walking out of the Dropship, still frustrated, I scoured camp for something to do. What I really needed was to get away. Even if we did have a chance of being attacked, I didn't care; I needed to get out of here.

My gaze landed on a group of boys gathering around the entrance of the partially finished wall. Walking over to them, my eyes focused on one in particular. "Where are you going?"

Everyone turned to look at me, but I kept my gaze on Bellamy as he let out an exasperated sigh. "We are going hunting. You are staying here."

"No. I'm coming." I told him. I need a reason to get away from camp, and this will have to do.

Bellamy looked over at me with an annoyed expression on his face. "No, you're not. Your brother is staying here, and so are you."

"That's cute thinking you can make me stay here." I said with a smile as I took the knife in his hand and started to walk out towards the woods. When no one followed me, I turned back. "Are you guys coming? Or are you just going to stand there lookin' all pretty?"

They all looked to Bellamy, and only when he nodded towards the woods did they all start to move. Bellamy walked up beside me. "Do you even know the first thing about hunting?"

"Nope. But I'm a fast learner, and I'm sure you could teach me." I said with a teasing smile.

❣︎

Hunting was boring.

I learned that the further we descend into the forest. But it was incredibly boring when Bellamy didn't let me do anything. He just kept telling me to 'stay behind him' and 'not get in the way'. We had been going through the woods for a good hour or so with no signs of life when we finally saw a boar just standing around minding its own business.

"She's mine." Bellamy told the other boys as he crept closer to the animal.

I kind of felt bad for the boar. It's just standing around, not doing anything to hurt us, and we are talking about killing it. Though luckily, before Bellamy could do anything, a twig snapped, causing us all to turn our heads. Bellamy instantly threw his hatchet toward the direction of the sound. The boar squealed and took off. Some of the guys started running after it, still trying to catch it.

Focusing more on where the twig snapping sound came from, I was surprised to see a girl, thirteen years old, maybe? She was from the Dropship, you could easily tell. She was just standing beside the tree where Bellamy's hatchet landed barely two feet from her face.

"Bellamy!" I shouted. "You could've killed her."

He glanced at me then looked back at the young girl. "Who the hell are you?" Bellamy questioned, walking towards her to get his hatchet out of the tree.