128. ꕥ Beacons Of Life

"Can anyone hear me?" Octavia spoke into my radio, Kane having ordered us to try and reach those below us while I mindlessly braided a piece of my grease-filled dirty, brown hair. "Can anyone hear me? Over."

Hours had passed since we discovered that Skaikru had taken the bunker, and let's just say the hours weren't passing by fast. Once I had revealed that Bellamy was missing, a group of us hurried down to the temple where the Second Dawn Bunker was, only to discover that the door was sealed shut and no members of Skaikru other than Octavia, Kane, and myself could be found. How could they do this? were Kane's words, swirling around in my mind as I desperately tried to find an answer. Though it wasn't proving successful as I hadn't deduced a reasonable conclusion as to why they did this — Clarke and Jaha had taken the bunker for themselves, selfishly.

With one leg pulled to my chest while the other was outstretched, I sat in front of Octavia, who had her back leaning against the pod in the temple. Indra was a few steps away, pacing a short distance with her hand on her sword. The three of us remained inside as Kane was somewhere outside, helping the clans choose their hundred members, as was Gaia. The black rain continued to fall, keeping the clans and their sure-to-be fiery rage once they found out Skaikru had stolen the bunker, away.

Bellamy was on the other side of that door — he had to be because otherwise, I had no idea where he was, and that lone thought terrified me. I wholeheartedly believed he was not a party to the seizing of the Second Dawn Bunker. I knew Bellamy; he wouldn't leave Octavia and myself out here while the radiation was inching closer — which I knew because I could already feel the toll it was taking on my body, my movements becoming more sluggish, and my skin beginning to sizzle. Bellamy was not going to let us die. And that lone thought kept me going.

"This is Octavia. Can anyone hear me, damn it?" The youngest Blake gritted out, continuing to plead through the radio in hopes that anyone could hear it.

"O, it's me. You okay?"

When I heard his voice, I thought it was somehow from the radiation soaking into my body, but when my head shot up, meeting Octavia's eyes, I knew his voice was real. I all but sprung up from my seat, disregarding the braided piece of hair as I hurried to Octavia's side as she stood up.

"I'm alive. I won." She said valiantly, pausing for a moment. "Bell, what the hell did you do?"

"It wasn't me. But I'll fix it." He assured. As I had thought, Bellamy was not part of the dishonoring people of Skaikru who had taken the bunker, just like I believed Bellamy when he said he would fix it. "O, is Jo there?"

"Yeah." Octavia's eyes cast over to me as she held out the radio, gesturing for me to take it.

"Bellamy?" I spoke quietly into my radio when I grabbed it out of Octavia's hand, my heart pounding against my rib cage, waiting to hear his voice.

"Hey." He breathed through what sounded like a laugh through the static. "I'm going to get out of here. I will get you guys safe. I promise."

"I know you will." I responded with the utmost certainty in my voice, knowing that Bellamy would do whatever it took. "Just don't get yourself killed in the process."

There was a short laugh from Bellamy on the other side before our reunion was cut short by Indra. "We don't have much time."

Letting out a breath, I extended my arm, handing the radio back to Octavia. She lifted the radio to her mouth and took a few steps to the right. "Listen to me. When I won, I decided to share the bunker with everyone. A hundred from each clan. Kane is out there buying us time, helping them select their people, and Gaia somehow convinced the Scouts to lock down the temple. But if anybody finds out that Skaikru stole the bunker, we're all dead."