25 | Stress

| Ricky's POV |

A week later, I found myself in Denver. What a city! It's gorgeous here. You can see the mountains from every angel. Jani was upset with me, more like drunk. He threw me out of the hotel room, so I walked up to the roof and just stared at the distance.

It was a little nippy outside. Nothing I couldn't handle, after years of living in PA. I was surprised though, when I soon wasn't alone on this roof. Chris suddenly walked up beside me. He leaned on the edge of the rooftop, studying the stars as I did.

"What are you doing up here?" I asked.

"I needed to clear my head."

"Is everything okay?"

Chris sighed. "No. I found Shiloh, on Ghost's lap, making out with him. I mean, you now Devin. I'm sure he pressured Shiloh into it, but... it's not an excuse."

"I'm sorry to hear about that. Our dumb fights caused by Ghost and I's relationship wasn't really worth it."

"Are you guys still a thing then?" He asked.

"I don't know. I don't think we will be. I'll stick with Jani from now on. What I should've done in the first place."

Chris shook his head. "He's still not right for you. Ghost isn't either, but Jani still isn't."

"Chris, I know you don't like him, but I love him. No matter how much he's hurt me, he's also healed a lot of my wounds."

"Yeah, but Ricky, he caused most of them! Don't you get that?" He stressed.

"People are going to get hurt in relationships. It happens. You have to learn to forgive each other." I mumbled.

"That only works if the scoreboard is even. Last time I checked, you hurt Jani maybe once a year. He does it once an hour." He said. "He abuses you, and I don't like it."

Chris was kind of pissing me off. He just doesn't understand! Jani has a good side to him!

"He's all I have! Do you have any suggestions for who I could possibly date? Who would want someone as fucked up as me?"

"I would!" Chris snapped. Then we both went silent as we realized what he said.

"Chris-"

"I have to go." He quickly said, before suddenly taking off.

What the fuck was that?