Forty-Eight

Kanye West- Violent Crimes

Jason:

The world is going to shit and we're shopping for my wife who is sitting in a cart in the brand new outfit Dick got for her, brushing a doll's hair. Dona had brushed her long hair and put it up into two pigtails. Everyone is fawning over how adorable she is. And why wouldn't they? Baby Ilya is the most precious thing to have ever graced the earth. I am one hundred percent sure this little girl would have saved Bruce from himself if he would have raised her. 

"Bringing unwanted thoughts?" Dick asked as we paid for all things she wanted us to get as responsible keepers and then all the things she said she needed but we all know she just wants. 

"Are we completely sure she's a baby? She's basically raising herself," Donna laughed. 

"No," I answered Dick's question. I know what he's referring to and that's not something I'd ever think about doing and I know for a fact that Ilya wouldn't either. Not with the lives we lead. "But if you and Kory were to do it, I'd be the happiest uncle in the world," 

"I don't know how that would work biologically since she's not of this world. I also don't know about kids. Never thought about it and I doubt she has either. But just look at her, Jazon. She is the cutest thing alive. Just think about it. A little girl like this one, green flecks in her eyes, freckles, and the cutest smile in the history of all existence. Seriously, how did Elizabeth work? Look at this face," Ilya swatted at him when he pinched her cheeks. "Look at it, Jay," 

"I know. It's ridiculous," I cleared my throat. Donna laughed. 

"I wish she could stay like this forever. She's not telling us all what to do," she smirked. 

"We're pushing two carts of toys and baby things. I beg to differ," Dick scoffed. 

I opened up the car seat box and set it up before putting Ilya in it. I helped with the other things and jumped back when Ilya's grown red-eyed reflection appeared in front of me. She extended her arms out questioningly like asking what the hell is happening. We both looked at baby Ilya as Dick handed her a pink strawberry sippy cup with apple juice in it. Ilya happily took it and settled into the chair. 

"I don't know," I told the reflection once I got in the car. The reflection moved around to Ilya's side and smiled at her. She lifted her tiny hand and waved at the reflection in the dark tint. 

"She says what happened, Jazon?" Ilya explained. 

"Is that Set?" Dick asked. 

"Yes," I sighed. "She got hit with something in the lab and Tim doesn't know how to fix it yet. She's probably the only one that does and well she's three," 

"No time," Ilya laughed. She placed her hand on the glass. Set like the rest of us reached for her with a smile. 

"I know there's no time for this. There's nothing we can do but protect her right now," 

"Barry Allen," Ilya giggled. She made a disapproving face after. 

"We can't call Barry Allen he's in league with the Regime," 

"Oh, daddy?" she asked the reflection. "Call daddy," 

"We're headed home. Bruce is there," 

"No, Bruce daddy," Ilya kicked her little feet out. 

"I think she means Lex," Dick looked back at her. 

"That's not a good idea. We have to run that by her real daddy," Donna shook her head.

"Me too," Ilya laughed waving at the reflection. She turned to look at me, her eyes flashed red. 

"Jason," she blinked. "Wow, she's got an incredibly strong mind for a three-year-old,"