Forty Three

Eels- I Need Some Sleep (Dwin Remix) 

Ilya:

"You pissed off Supergirl?" Thea asked as I analyzed Clark's new scans and compared them to the old ones I got from Amanda's personal files. 

"She demanded I deleted everything once this is over. If these didn't exist, I wouldn't be able to fix him. Now would I?" 

"I agree with Ilya," Donna nodded. 

"Thank you," I smiled at her. 

"That's not the point. I mean you have access to all these people without their consent. That's kind of invasive," Thea pressed. 

"I know it is. That's kind of what Amanda did. However, knowing who and where these people are is kind of an advantage. Not for us to hurt them but to find them should they ever need protecting or if we need to know what they can do if we have to protect people from them. Think of it as a census. Besides, the database is filled with Metahuman information, not Alien. Waller has info on Superman because she wanted to find a way to get rid of Zod. It kind of looked like Superman was a goner," 

"I remember Zod. Diana didn't let me help. I was stuck at home for that one," 

"It's hard to believe that you actually listened to her at some point," I admitted. She shrugged. 

"I was a kid when she found me and I was kind of scared of what I could do. I love her and I respect her but I was never more than just a kid to her. She never gave me room to grow," 

"You sound like Dick," I smirked. 

"Detective Dick Grayson. I've heard a lot about him. She wanted me to meet him and I refused. It feels like I dodged a bullet," we both laughed. 

"You got anything new on that?" Thea asked pointing at the scans. 

"Yeah, see how this side of his brain is lit up on this scan and not on the other?" she nodded. "This one is the one I got at the Hall of Justice. The other one is from the DEO database. If I'm right, he had been exposed to Kryptonite then. The parietal lobe is lit up because he was in pain," 

"A lot of it," she agreed. "This one has that too but why is this also lit up?" 

"That's his emotional pain. It kind of registers the same as the physical. It's spread out like that because there is so much more than when he was exposed to the Kryptonite. This is the prefrontal cortex. Where activity for aggression shows up. There is a whole lot of it. Rage, like someone under the influence," I sighed sitting back. 

"He's hurting," Thea whispered looking over at me. 

"Yes, a whole lot more than I thought. We're not going to be able to get through to him like this. See these right here? This is where his mind was reprogrammed. It went from nice farm boy from Smallville to Raging totalitarian Alien with a god complex," 

"Can you fix it?" Donna asked. 

"If I can find the device that was used and the frequency. I think it's reversible. I wouldn't need him to willingly sit in a lab with me while I ran tests on him. I could just put the piece back in his ear and reverse the frequency. I have to talk to the Batman," 

"You mean your dad?" Thea laughed. I looked over at her and smiled. 

"He's not my dad right now. He's in full Batman mode. He probably doesn't even answer to Bruce at the moment," they both laughed. 

"So, Dick," she shrugged. 

"What about him?" I asked sitting back. 

"You two seem really close. Did something happen?"