Twenty-Two

Highly Suspect- Serotonia

Ilya: 

"You look beautiful," Jason said when I walked out of the bathroom ready for us to go. 

"Thank you," I said going over to him to fix his tie and straighten out his handkerchief. He smiled down at me. 

"You have no idea how much I've missed you," he said pulling me closer to him. I pulled him down to me by his tie and kissed him.

"I'm going to have to invent some kind of shrink ray so I can take you on missions with me," I joked. He laughed. 

"Only if you put me in between your breasts," 

"Really?" I laughed swatting his arm. 

"Yes, so I can protect my heart," I laughed shaking my head. 

"I'll let that one slide, Jay. It was a slick save," I can feel my face burning. He laughed turning me over so that we were both looking at our reflection. 

"After all this time, I still can't believe this. It's like a dream. A really long beautiful dream," that made my stomach clench tightly. I pinched him as hard as I could on his arm. He jumped back letting out a little yelp. "What was that for?" 

"To show you this isn't a dream. You're wide awake," I sighed. He smiled stepping into me again before he could place his lips on mine, someone cleared their throats behind us. 

"Get a room," Dick said. 

"This is our room," Jason shot back annoyed. 

"Jaybird, I love you but I seriously want to kick you in the face when I see you grope my sister," 

"She's my wife," he shot back pushing him out. 

I followed behind them watching them argue. Dick seems completely out of it yet he's right here with us. I feel like he's trying to hold on as best he could. Like he has to remind Jason that they're brothers. To remind himself why he's doing this. 

"I'll take off with Alfred. I will see you guys there," Dick said when Alfred arrived in Bruce's Rolls Royce. I feel like I'm going to throw up. Watching him get into the car is a lot worse than I thought it would be. 

"Dick," I said before he shut the door. He looked up at me. "We can bail. We can go to that place you were telling me you like to go in the city," 

"Ilya," he smiled. "Please, don't be late. We've been working on this project for some time now. I want to see what we've created," 

"Okay," I nodded. He shut the door and Alfred drove off. 

"You okay?" I looked back at Jason who was fixing Bizzaro's bow tie. I swallowed the thick knot in my throat and nodded. 

"I'm just a little nervous," I said. He smiled before he came over to me. 

"This should be fun," he reassured me. 

Artemis came down the stairs just as the limo arrived. I almost laughed watching her fidget in her beautiful gown. I walked over to her pulling it down and fixing it in the back. She let out a sigh of relief. 

"Thank you," she bowed. 

"You look amazing," I complimented her. 

"How will I fight in this dress?" she asked making me laugh. 

"See this?" I asked pointing at the end of her dress. "All you have to do is pull it. The dress will come apart enough for you to be decent and allow you to kick really tall guys with your really long legs in the face,"