Seven

Deadmau5- Right This Second

Jason:

Being around Artemis makes me miss Ilya a lot more than I care to admit, even to myself. This woman is intense. She takes everything too seriously and is quick to sass me whenever I suggest something. Are all girls like this? Because one sassy pants cutie is all I need in my life.

"You seem to be a bit distracted," Artemis commented over the spare com I had handed her before taking my vantage point.

"You're supposed to be watching your target not me," I scolded, looking over at her from across the rooftop.

"I am, however, I am allowed to check in on my investment,"

"Investment? What are you investing in me? This is a temporary team up and it's mostly because I don't want you to squish my head. I'm the one with the plan that doesn't involve you leaving a trail of bodies," I ran what I said over in my mind and flinched. What the fuck? When did I become this?

"I'm investing my time and effort. You are not with the mission at hand completely. That can get you hurt or worse get you dead," I rolled my eyes, of course, that's what she said.

"Been there and I'm fine," I said watching as the guards traded shifts for the night.

"You want to check on your beloved, yes?"

"No, she's fine,"

"It's alright to admit worry,"

"I am worried okay? She's really stressed out. When she stresses like that it's easier for Set to take over and Set is a whole lot of bad news,"

"Set?"

"She has this thing. She's possessed by a Goddess named Setanta,"

"The hound?" she asked surprised. "She is bad news,"

"Yeah, Ils has a good hold on her but when she stresses out like this. Goodbye control," why the hell am I telling this to a total stranger?

"It must be hard for you to know she doesn't have much time left," I looked up at her. Red zoomed in on her like she couldn't believe she had said that. Artemis is laying on her belly swinging her legs back and forth while she watched what was happening below.

"What?" I asked. She glanced up at me before turning her attention back to the building. 

"Setanta is destined to die at an early age. She's not often given much time. The most she's lived in her vessels is two years, She brings lots of death and very controversial wars,"

"She's going on three and they're not going to die anytime soon. Believe me,"

"Three you say?" she asked. "That's interesting. Perhaps she chose a wise vessel for once,"

"Chose? I thought they were reincarnations,"

"Supposedly. There can be more than one reincarnations in a lifetime. Three is the most,"

"There are two others that could have been possessed?"

"Yes, your beloved must have been the first to get into severe danger,"

"She died and came back with Set,"

"That's not possible,"

"It is because that's what happened. Ilya died and was brought back to life,"

"If what you say is true the curse of the hound would have been broken and the Titans would have been able to break out of purgatory. There are no titans so there is no way she died,"