Twenty

Panic At The Disco- The Ballad of The Monalisa 

Ilya: 

The trail on Rose is starting to fade. Whatever she's doing she must be nearly done because most of what's happening with the cartels is subtle and a little underground. Dick continued to run facial recognition through the system to no avail. The good news is she's still here and there is a limited amount of territory for her to hide in. There haven't been any signs of Erin. Thank goodness. 

"That's not how we're going to find her," I said looking over at him. "We have to get out there. If she's doing what I think she's doing this is her next target," 

"Adolfo Rodriguez?" he asked flipping through the pages. "How do you know that?" 

"When I was with Waller she made me do little stealth missions like this. I was working with Hunter then. I wasn't cleared for fieldwork yet mostly because I was underage. I guided Hunter through the streets using mini droids," I walked over to the back of the jet and pulled out the new and improved batarangs I stole from Bruce and handed them to him. 

"What?" he laughed. I rolled my eyes taking his earpiece and synced one of them to it. 

"Voice command," I said. "Try it," 

"What do I say?" he asked. I sighed shaking my head as I synced mine. 

"Up," I said once it was ready to go. The Batarang levitated up. "Scan for Richard Grayson." 

"Richard Grayson," it said scanning him. 

"That is cool," he beamed. "Okay, my turn. Up," 

"That's it. Tell it what you want it to do. They have a forty-five-mile signal range," 

"Nice," he nodded grabbing it. "We should get out there now that we can be in four places at once we can get better coverage," 

"There you go," I laughed. "Now you're getting it," 

"Take the east and south sides of the favelas. I'll head west and we'll rendezvous in the town square," 

"Dick Grayson, I get all tingly when you take control like that," I joked making him shake his head. 

"Jesus, you are perfect for Jason. I swear that's something he would say," he shook his head making me laugh. 

I climbed on my bike and opened the back hatch to let us both get out. He took off before I did. I looked back at my Batarang and commanded for it to go in the opposite direction I was. I parked adjusting my headset before telling it to scan for Rose. 

I hadn't been outside of Gotham since Jason and I went on our two-month honeymoon to Bora Bora. Bruce had insisted on a wedding so we had a small get together and he got me the dress mom had picked out of me in her insanely scary scrapbook. He even walked me down the aisle of red tulips in his garden. I loved it. It had been more than perfect, especially because I never thought marriage was something that was in store for me. I never thought I'd make it past the first date for the rest of my life. If I ever made it to a date. Ha. 

I want to say that I wish I was back home with a good book. A bottle of wine that I stole from Bruce's cellar. Sitting on my massive teddy bear Jason gave me the day after we got married on my patio listening to the wave of the ocean. The truth is, I love being out here again. It's a part of me and I want everyone to know that. Bruce, Jason, Alfred, and anyone else who is going to tell me this is a bad idea. 

I know it's a bad idea but so is dressing up as a giant bat to fight crime at night. So is taking on the cartels wearing a sparkly red helmet. It's not like I'm going to do this every night. I'm just going to be on speed dial for my brother who is going to pretend to be dead for a while.