Twenty One

Amy Winehouse- Tears Dry On Their Own

Dick: 

I've never seen anyone eat as much as Rose Wilson. Ilyasviel just kept handing her food as she read the rule book out loud for her. Their relationship scares me a little bit. It teeters between best friends and questionable sexuality. Ilya didn't even ask her again about helping. Rose just started asking questions about what we're going to do, how things are going to go down, and the best one, how much is she going to get paid. I should have asked that. 

"So, this is going to be a fresh start for you, Rose. A clean slate," Ilya sighed looking her over. The girl is beautiful. She has blue eyes, well she has a blue eye, a nice form, wild white hair. "You want to talk about what you were doing?" 

"I don't," 

I swear Ilyasviel just gave Rose the same look Bruce gives Damian when he does something he knows is wrong. There's patience in her gesture. She gave the girl a little time before sitting back in the same manner Bruce would in a sort of reverse psychology kind of thing and it usually works for him. 

"Alright," 

Ilya began to put things around her away. She gathered up all the trash Rose had made eating and made her way over to the trash bin. It's weird but in a way, it was like she was showing Rose that she was doing something nice for her and that in the very least she should say something as a reward. 

"I screwed up in San Fransisco," she finally said. I nodded, taking note of that since I'm going to have to be the one to show her the ropes. 

"What happened?" Ilya asked, finishing what she was doing before coming over to sit in front of her again. 

"I couldn't deal with Beast Boy. We were constantly fighting. Victor and all of them. Tim just made everything so homey and I- It wasn't home for me Ilya. I didn't want to be there," 

"Why didn't you call me? I could have transferred you to Gotham. I offered several times," Ilya crossed her arms over her chest as if she understood. Rose shook her head. 

"You have your life. I mean I know I'm just a little younger than you but you had just gotten married and started your career. I thought I'd be in the way," 

"How did you end up in Cuba?" 

"I got into some bad stuff," Rose shrugged. 

"You took up the Ravager name after we had put it rest," Ilya scolded her. I have no idea what that means but the look of guilt on Rose's face confirmed it. 

"They called themselves the Terror Titans. I met one of them outside of the fighting. Her name was Angie. We became friends and she introduced me to a man that goes by the name The Clock King. He killed her when things went sideways. I didn't get out of there unscathed," she said motioning her eye.

"You were looking for him," Ilya guessed. Rose nodded. "Do you know his real name?" 

"No," Rose said honestly. "The only reason they knew my name was because of Tim," 

"Don't worry about him anymore. I'll take care of it," 

"Ilya, I wasn't going to turn him in," she said softly. Ilya sighed making the girl look up at her. 

"I know. I'm not going to kill him for you. I don't do things that way. I am going to make sure he never does what he did to you and what he did to your friend Angie ever again," Ilya looked over at me and nodded. "This is one of my other brothers. The oldest. Richard Grayson or as the media calls him. Nightwing," 

"Nightwing?" she asked pointing at me. 

"That's right," Ilya confirmed. 

"You can call me Dick," I said extending my hand to her.