Prologue

Kid Cudi- Mr. Rager

Ilya:

"Jason, I'm going to be late," I laughed trying to get away from him.

"I fail to see how that's my problem," he mumbled into the inside of my thigh before pulling me towards him again.

"Jay, Lucius is introducing my new communications device to the company and I get to meet his son Luke, who just got back from his second tour in Afghanistan," he groaned letting me go.

"I'm not going to see you for a few weeks, Ilya. This is our first time apart in almost a year. It feels weird," I sighed turning back to look at him before stradling his waist.

"I know and I'm freaking out a little too but we both have our thing. I'm super proud of us," he laughed giving my thighs a squeeze.

"Alright, we're having lunch at your favorite place. Bruce and Damian are going to meet us there. I will be leaving after that," I nodded finally getting out of bed. 

I've gotten back into a routine where it concerns work and anything that has to do with being a Wayne. I've even taken over some of my mom's old charity campaigns. A lot of people were happy to see me make a come back for the sake of my mom's memory. Turns out I have a knack for telling people what to do. Who knew?

"I love you," I shouted as I walked out of the door once I was ready to hit the road.

"Me too," he shouted back at the same time Hades howled. I laughed when he told the dog to shut up. Hades barked at him like he was telling Jason to shut up.

I glanced back at the house as I pulled out of the driveway and sighed before getting into the car. Not having Jason around is really going to suck but he wants to go bigger in his work and who am I to stop him? No one tells me no. 

Jason has really taken to his new P.I. business. People contract Jason Todd and when things get out of hand he uses the Redhood to provide his world-class service. I don't ask so I don't get mad. That is my motto when it comes to all the insane shit he brings home in his clothes. Other than that, we're doing amazing. When the world found out I was married to him they shamed him. It was harsh and I know it took a lot out of him those first few months but he didn't complain once.

I still don't like the idea of having a driver. Jason and I both agreed that I didn't need one much to Alfred's dismay. The entire world thinks we live in Wayne Manor and I'd like for it to stay that way. It has been almost two and a half years since Katherine Cain had tried to kill me. Against my better judgment, I have visited her once a week since she was put in Arkham Asylum. She was released two days ago. I picked her up and took her to her new apartment in downtown.

She's started her new job in grief counseling yesterday. I went to her first group session with Stephenie since Jason and Bruce didn't want to go with me and didn't want to leave me alone with her. I can easily say I'm proud of her. I have an aunt and she's a badass just like the rest of the women in my family. 

"Mrs. Todd," I looked up to see Lucius and a tall dark and handsome guy walking in my direction as soon as I walked into Wayne Tower.

"Mr. Fox, good morning. I brought coffee," I said extending my cup holder. "And I kept the name," 

"You were expecting me," tall dark and handsome smiled taking a cup. "Ms. Wayne," 

"If you are Luke Fox, then yes. Your father brags about you," Lucius laughed looking away embarrassed. Luke took the empty cup holder and tossed it in the recycling bin for me.

"Thank you for the coffee. I'm actually nothing special,"

"You're welcome and I beg to differ," I smiled at him before looking around when my phone binged repeatedly and all at once. Where did I put it? "What are we starting with today, Mr. Fox?"