Thirty Six

The Neighbourhood- Daddy Issues 

Jason:

This place has taken a really big hit. That bomb didn't just blow everything to shit is completely disintegrated the area. It would be different if there was some sort of damage or leftovers of what had been destroyed but there's nothing. Nothing but the bare dirt that was left behind. It was completely deleted.  

"There's nothing," Oliver whispered as we drove by the blocked-off areas of the city that lead to nothing. "It's almost as if it disappeared or never existed. Who's heartless enough to do something like this?" 

"Ilya said it could have been worse," I tried not to look when I stopped at the red light. 

"How can this get worse?" he asked looking over at me. 

"This was just a little one. The original ones are meant to fuck up states as big as Texas," he turned his gaze to me. 

"Did she-?" he began to ask. I shook my head. 

"No, she just created the casing the holds the whole thing together," 

"No wonder Clark wants her dead. Where are the other ones?" 

"Tim is trying to locate them but with the people who are joining up with Superman, they're making it hard for him to pinpoint any kind of location. Ilya thinks it's Machin and Talia," 

"Talia Al' Ghul? Ras Al' Ghul's daughter?" he nodded. 

"It has to do with the thing living in Ilya," 

"Fuck," he sighed shaking his head. "The Joker was just a pawn," 

"If she's right, yeah," I nodded, parking on the outskirts of uptown Metropolis. 

We both put on our masks as we took cover. Ilya wasn't wrong. There are military operatives standing guard in front of the manor. I looked over at Oliver to see him staring back at me. I have a feeling that's the look I'm going to be getting from now on. This mask is to ensure intimidation. 

"Don't you usually wear a helmet?" he asked. 

"My girl made me this one," I shrugged. He shook his head. I handed him the extra com Ilya had given me. He put it on. 

"I can see stuff that's not supposed to be there," he said looking over at me. I laughed. 

"Yeah, that's Red. Ilya's Apollo Defteri Genia. Second Generation communications device. She was going to present it next week before Superman made her a fucking fugitive. The ones she was going to present only work on Bluetooth so that we don't have an incident like we did at the summit," 

"She took precaution this time. You guys have been a good influence on her. She was close to becoming the next Lex Luthor," he chuckled. I laughed waiting for the location of what we need to come up. 

"Over Bruce's dead body," 

"Incoming call. Boo Boo Kitty Fuck," Red called out. 

"Nice," Oliver chuckled. 

"Answer," I laughed. I need to change that if I'm going to be sharing coms with others now. 

"Hey, guys. Sorry, I'm late. I don't know what they had Lex put around the house. It's blocking any way of me looking inside. I have the blueprints of the house so Tim and I will be walking you through it," 

"Great," I said sarcastically. 

"Shut up, Jay," Tim added. 

"Alright, kids. Get it together. What are we doing?" Oliver interjected.