Pt. 74: The Morning Comes

A/N: I keep forgetting to make this note but the Discord channel is still there and still open! If any of y'all want to join and spice up the group, you're more than welcome to click in and join (https://discord.gg/yUS64Wq) This chapter took a while because I hit an emotional snag but I'm feeling a bit more up to things now :)

The Soundtrack So Far: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0XFn64nglHcWqg4R8809Gg?si=wq_JXcHbTUGneuV38NVDkw

You Look So Good In Blue: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3Q0fUqZM9G5XcefGCh30uo?si=KFOt-B1GT7SPCNEp6Zz9yQ

----------

Luna awoke the following morning, laying on her stomach, to a soft knocking on the door and a voice calling Loki's name. She opened her eyes, blinked, and rubbed the cloudiness away. She tried to move, but the weight of Loki's arm and head kept her down. Sometime in the wee hours of the morning, he'd taken to using her back as a pillow, somehow finding it comfortable enough to keep sleeping there.

Finally, Luna was able to scoot out from under him and sit upright. The next thing she noticed was her torso was completely bare. Loki's illusion shirt had disappeared. Feeling panicked, she looked over her shoulder and saw a still-slumbering Loki; hair tossed wildly with his cheek pressed into the mattress. Luna breathed a sigh of relief and leaned down to grab her robe from the floor.

As she tied it closed, the knocking persisted, with the voice starting to softly threaten that they'd open the door if there weren't an answer in the next five minutes. Luna quickly covered Loki with the duvet and slipped on her glasses.

"Yeah, yeah, hold on," she grumbled as she shuffled to the entrance. "Hello?" she greeted as she opened the door. On the other side was Thor, already sporting a sunny smile.

"Oh, Luna! Good morning!" He gave her a brief hug. "You spent the night with Loki? I'm surprised you even heard me at all."

"Yeah, I had bad sleep, but I was able to rest here." Luna rubbed her arms. "So, uh, what did you want with Loki? He's still sleeping, and I'd only disturb him if it's urgent."

Thor shook his head. "Nothing so urgent. I wanted to see if he'd get a late breakfast with me since I missed it earlier, but it seems he's otherwise occupied."

"Perhaps lunch? I could pass a message along once he gets up?"

Thor beamed. "Yes, perfect! That would do nicely. Oh! And something else that also pertains to you," Luna's ears perked up, "we're all planning to go to the city's nightclub after dinner. You know, one last hurrah before we leave tomorrow."

"Really?" Luna smiled wide. "That sounds exciting. I'd love to go!"

Thor winked and pointed. "I thought you would. Loki told me you love to dance. Well, he does too, so I suppose that's how you became friends."

Luna giggled a little. He had no idea. "Mm, yeah, that was definitely part of it."

Thor brought his hands together in a clap. "Well, I suppose I should leave you to get ready and make sure my brother doesn't sleep too long."

"Yeah, I'll make sure he's up before long."

"Thank you. So, I shall see you both later?" Thor took a step back from the door, and Luna waved a hand.

"Yeah, we'll see you. Bye." And with that, she shut and locked the door.

Luna tread lightly back to the bed and slowly sat down in the spot she left. Loki was still sound asleep, so she leaned closer to admire him in secret. He always looked so at peace when he slept, but now, it was even more so. It was most likely the bed and the sheets that did it. After months of only having a couch, a real bed must feel like a wonderland.