Pt. 76: The Boys Club

A/N: Yes, this chapter is very late. Why? I am taking three graduate classes and I am up to my eyebrows in assignments and Stress. So, please, as always, be patient with me. If I seem to delay posting for too long, don't worry. I haven't forgotten about this or shelved it (unless you want me to leave it). I write as much as I can when I can. I don't like putting off an update for too long.

The Soundtrack So Far: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0XFn64nglHcWqg4R8809Gg?si=wq_JXcHbTUGneuV38NVDkw

You Look So Good In Blue: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3Q0fUqZM9G5XcefGCh30uo?si=KFOt-B1GT7SPCNEp6Zz9yQ

----------

Thor dabbed the corner of his mouth with his napkin as he finished up his meal, while Loki was still a few bites away from being done. He'd always been a slow eater, preferring to savor over devour. However, on the rare occasion, he did slip to such behavior if he was extraordinarily famished.

For a moment, he felt like he was back in the banquet halls of the palace, watching Thor and Volstagg dine as heavily as they could, almost racing each other to see who could clean and break their plate the fastest. There was no prize except for a full belly and another war story for everyone's ears. Loki remembered heatedly detesting them – detesting Thor – but that feeling had since dwindled. Now, he was glad to dine with his brother, for there were many others he would never get the chance with again.

"Mm, I don't think I'll ever get tired of that," Thor commented. "The flavors are so enveloping."

Loki grinned. "Trust me; you'll be happy you won't." He took another bite of his meal. He sipped on his drink and remembered what he wanted to ask Thor. "The sorcerer paid me a visit earlier."

Thor's brows shot up. "Oh! A nice visit, I hope."

"Yes, nicer than I anticipated," Loki glanced to the side, "though he said something rather peculiar." He paused and propped his chin on his hand, looking back at Thor. "He mentioned having taken my name off a list that he has, and he said that you would know what this list is."

"Really?" Thor beamed. "Oh, Loki, this is wonderful! How trusting he has become!"

Loki's eyes narrowed. "Uh-huh, but what is this list?"

"Uh, a bit of a watch list of dangerous persons." Loki blinked and remained silent, so Thor elaborated. "As a Mystic Arts wizard, he safeguards time and space, so he needs to keep track of individuals who threaten those things the most. One of those things was you until, apparently, quite recently."

"Really?" Loki sat up and crossed his arms. "I don't know whether to be thankful, flattered, or mildly disappointed."

"Disappointed?" Thor was confused.

"Well, I'm no weak little thing."

Thor raised his glass. "How right you are, but are you a threat to this world?"

"Goodness, no," Loki quickly replied, feeling almost offended at the notion. "Threaten this place? I'd have to be demented."

"Then you have your reason, so you should be thankful."

Loki pondered but declined to say anything, so he finished the last dregs of his meal and sat back satisfied. He sighed and looked down at his hands.

"Oh!" Thor continued. "Are you doing anything interesting later?"

"Reading a new book, and maybe asking Luna to dinner and a long walk." Loki looked up. "Why?"

"Really? Didn't Luna tell you? Hm, perhaps she forgot."