Pt. 77: Never Knew Love Like This Before

A/N: This is a long one and very music-heavy! As always, check the linked playlist for the soundtrack and groove along to the story!

The Soundtrack So Far: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0XFn64nglHcWqg4R8809Gg?si=wq_JXcHbTUGneuV38NVDkw

You Look So Good In Blue: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3Q0fUqZM9G5XcefGCh30uo?si=KFOt-B1GT7SPCNEp6Zz9yQ

----------

As Luna ran her fingers through the strands of her freshly-cut hair, dinner hunger nipped at her stomach on her way back to her room. She contemplated messaging Loki about his whereabouts, but there was hardly any time to wait. Wanda and Natasha discussed getting some dinner after dropping their things off, so Luna offered to join them. They heartily accepted the extra company and set off back into town.

The trio soon came across a quaint food stand selling various meat and veggie bowls. With their orders placed and received, they found an empty table and quickly dug in. Though their hair was satisfactory, there were still outfits to change into and makeup to put on, so they couldn't waste a moment. Luna wondered about asking Wanda for her compact again, but she didn't want to seem demanding.

As she wrestled with her wish, her pocket buzzed. Curious, she took it out and turned it on. It was a message from Loki.

'Finally, we are finished'

Luna set her utensil down and typed a response.

'Really? Now? that took a while'

'like I said, Tony was fussy, and then it was Thor'

She giggled at the imagery, garnering Natasha's attention.

"Loverboy again?" she asked playfully.

"Mhm," Luna responded to her. "The fellas just finished with their shopping." She quickly typed and sent her reply.

'oh jeez, a match made in Hel XD'

"Wow, only just?" Wanda interjected. "And they call us 'finicky.'"

Natasha giggled at her jab. "So, what are they up to now?"

Luna was unsure, but as she prepared her 'I don't know,' her phone buzzed with an answer.

'truly. Anyway, would you be up for dinner with me? It's about that time'

"Dinner," Luna said, "and he wants to get it with me."

"Ooh, that's awkward."

"I hope he's not let down," Wanda said.

Luna bit her lip and wrote to him.

'I'm actually out with Wanda and Natasha. Sorry I didn't get a chance to tell you beforehand'

'no need to worry. Tony is setting off now, so I can join him'

Luna sighed in relief. "It's fine. He's going to get dinner with Tony."

"All this hanging out with Tony. I wonder which one gets a headache first," Natasha joked, sipping her tea. Luna cracked out a chuckle and replied to Loki's message.

'good. I hope you find what you like'

'thank you, darling. Oh, and before I forget, I just left a little surprise in your room'

She blinked, feeling a bit taken aback.

'a surprise? I'm excited'

'its nothing new. just something of yours I think you should have for this evening's activities. I hope you don't mind I partook in some for myself'