1 - Betrayal Of My Sister And Fiance

Falco, the son of a Marshal in the Illuminati, had a fiancée.

Lucrezia, was nicknamed 'The White Lady' behind her back, for her veiled silvery hair looks like an old woman.

She was known for her humble and modest nature, and she lived like a old woman in plain clothes, avoiding social activities such as tea parties.

Lucrezia's abstinence seemed a bit unsatisfying and boring for Falco.

"That must have been the cause." Said those who knew the details of the affair afterwards with sympathetic faces.

It all began when Falco met Lucrezia's sister.

From the moment they met, they felt something like fate and were attracted to each other.

Falco wanted to spend his summer vacation in a villa belonging to the Duke of Seravalle.

In Lucrezia's family, it was her sister Rosa, not Lucrezia, who was most pleased.

"I can spend the summer with Falco... what to do."

Lucrezia gazed at her sister, engrossed in the daydream of an enchanting romance, with vacant, emotionless eyes.

Her sister Rosa was a very lovely girl.

Beautiful strawberry blonde hair with red hair and bright emerald eyes, similar of young buds.

Her young beauty was compared to rose buds.

Her precarious beauty of the night before the bloom, which was promised in advance to become a glamorous flower when it bloomed, strongly attracted men.

Falco was Lucrezia's fiancé. It was to be with Lucrezia that he was allowed to come to escape the heat of summer.

Lucrezia, however, was watching Falco and his sister's secret love in a state of almost resignation.

—More or less, to wish to have an affair with your fiancée's sister... is a bit...

Having diligently served monasteries and orphanages from an early age, Lucrezia, herself a devout divinist, always looked critically at their relationship.

But no matter how sacred writings were, men sin.

Lucrezia knew that their unequal love would not be much of a problem in the court.

And Falco and Rosa, being slyly conscious of it, whispered boldly to each other of their love, in defiance of her.

That was not a problem for Lucrezia. She thought they could do whatever they wanted.

Because Lucrezia was the one to be chosen.

What puzzled her was that her father, Duke Antonio Seravalle, was cooperative in their affair.

"Lord Falco, welcome to our villa. Falco likes hunting, so Rosa seems to be getting interested, too. I'm sorry to bother you at once, but could you tell me more?"

"If you're hunting, I'll go with him—"

"Lucrezia, you study at home. A woman who wants to be the Marshal's wife is playing around, what to do?"

What was father thinking?

Lucrezia felt uneasy and held her pendant tightly under her clothes.

It was the only thing Lucrezia received from her father.

Her father did not like to pamper Lucrezia, often with mysterious ironies.

At first Lucrezia was hurt and wept for no reason at all, but one time she encountered the teachings of the holy book and her view for her father changed.