34 - The End Of My Father [ 2 ]

Antonio felt a quick chill run through his body.

"....why did you do that?"

"Where is it?"

The tone was harsh.

I'm not sure what to do with it.

As Antonio looked at Raish processing the information, he finally realized a possibility.

"Lucrezia. Did she sell me out?"

"That's an exaggeration. You stole the documents without permission and came to the enemy territory."

Raish snickered. Antonio's anger was fueled by his attitude.

"You were in cahoots with Lucrezia, weren't you?"

"Of course not. This time it's just ...."

Raish was about to leave the room.

"....Prince Antonio. You were a fool anyway, that's all."

He smiled with the utmost malice.

"The execution is tomorrow. It's a parting gift for Lucrezia, who even sent me some nice jewelry. The port city alone would have been enough for me."

The crown prince turned his back on him leisurely. He was tempted to pounce, but with Rai's soldiers surrounding him, he couldn't move a finger.

Antonio shouted, no longer able to control himself.

"Wait, wait...! Help me, please...! Lucrezia will give you more money if you help us! Her assets are not like that! So please, please, please...!"

Raish turned just a little.

"You've been a real pleasure, my friend. Goodbye, until we meet again."

That day, in the royal castle, they heard a man's voice crying out forever.

The next day, when the execution of Prince Antonio took place in the garden, the screams stopped.

***

The following week, Lucrezia looked through the Illuminati newspaper that her agent had collected for her and gasped.

The execution of her father was written on the front page.

The agent seemed to have read the article for the first time and had a surprised look on his face.

"I'm sorry."

"Oh, ....what shall I do? What should I tell Rosa about ...?"

--She was very fond of her father. I'm sure she'll be very sad.

While her heart ached, Lucrezia realized something.

--I'm not too shocked about...I don't know why.

Perhaps it was because she was in a daze. After the meeting, she was lounging on the terrace when Ramilio worried about her.

"What's the matter, Lucrezia? You look terrible."

"Ramilio...."

Lucrezia couldn't bring herself to say anything, so she just showed him the newspaper she was holding.

"He's been executed...? My God ....that must have been painful."

She was glad to be held in her arms, but Lucrezia was feeling empty inside.

"It's what your father deserved. He knew that the war would soon break out, and he jumped into it for the money."

"But I didn't expect to be executed on the same day. ....The Rai Kingdom could have at least paid the ransom if they had asked me first."