29 - Father's Power

"...Rosa." 

"Rosa, shut up for a moment."

"What? You're such a jerk, big sister."

"Rosa, shut up."

Rosa turned her head away from her father in anger.

"I'm sorry, but we just had our ceremony a few minutes ago, and the marriage is already consummated. I have no intention of giving my wife back to you."

--Huh, I know it's inappropriate, but I'm ....glad.
"Nothing has been concluded. I didn't sign any contract with you, and I wasn't present at the wedding. I still have supervision of my daughter, and I will never give it to you."

"You're the one who sent me a letter saying you'd marry her off."

"That's invalid. If I wanted to marry her off, I would have gotten engaged. It was just a temporary deposit. I never agreed to the engagement, not now, not ever."

Ramilio pulled Lucrezia's body lightly and said, "Let's go."

"Lucrezia wants this marriage. That's all that matters. She will never see you again."

Ignoring Ramilio, who appeared to be leaving, the Duke grabbed Lucrezia by the shoulders.

"I will not see you again. I want to talk to you both. If you don't, I will take you back by force and never let you see him again."

"You don't have to listen."

Ramilio said gently.

Lucrezia couldn't help but think about what to do.

If she was honest, she wanted to marry Ramilio and forget about her father and sister.

"Come, Lucrezia. Or shall I tell him something here that he can't hear?"

--I don't know what you mean.

"There's nothing I can't tell him."

"Really? For example, it would be difficult to explain to you the ducal jewels you have stolen."

Lucrezia's eyes widened in surprise.

"It was originally my property. Please don't make any crazy accusations."

"I'm sure you're right, it did belong to you. Yes, it's your property, ....although I, your father, have the right to dispose of it at will!"

--That's nasty. Where did he get that wisdom?

Not long ago, my father didn't know anything about money. That's why Lucrezia was able to do whatever she wanted, and she was essentially right.

According to the law, a woman must obtain the consent of her blood relatives before disposing of the assets of her house.

In the first place, all women's assets belong to the family.

Since the concept of personal property does not exist, all of Lucrezia's possessions have the appearance of having been inherited from her mother's dowry.

The dowry is often the only thing that a woman has a certain right to, to prevent her from being taken advantage of by the weakness of her position and becoming destitute.

The dowry, however, can only be moved freely with the consent of the father. Shopping at will through the bank, as Lucrezia is doing, is quite a gray area.

Her father had a point, and Lucrezia had to argue carefully.

"Legally, a mother's personal belongings can be passed directly to her daughter."