21 - Proposals And Deadly Sins

"I'm sorry."

Ramilio properly apologized to Lucrezia, as he had declared.

Lucrezia wasn't angry anymore, but she sat self-consciously in a nice chair, crossed her legs, and looked down at Ramilio as he rubbed his head on the floor and apologized.

"I'm sorry I was so rude to you about wanting your inheritance. I owe you."

Ramilio apologized flatly.

Lucrezia looked down at him like a queen and thought it was kind of fun.

"It's all right, sir. Look up, will you? We're going to have a big engagement party, aren't we?"

Ramilio choked up.

"Can't we go to ....?"

"Oh, my God, I get it! I've been thinking about you and telling you to go back to the capital, but you're really stupid to want to bury your bones in a place like this."

"Sir?"

Bosco quickly interrupted the conversation.

"Sir. I think you'd better apologize again."

Lucrezia puffed up her cheeks.

"I'm sorry for calling you an idiot."

Ramilio stopped all his movements and became mysterious.

"I'm sorry... I'm the idiot. I'm just not sure I'm up to it."

Lucrezia thought it was cute.

--He's very emotional.

He expresses his joy, anger, sadness, and sorrow without hesitation, and his facial expression changes from time to time. It's funny, but sometimes when he goes back to a straight face like this, Lucrezia is at a loss for where to look.

Ramilio was turning into a manly and beautiful boy.

Thanks to the fact that he is now able to eat properly with his own hands, his skin has regained a healthy glow and his skeletal cheeks have begun to develop a fresh elasticity and flesh.

His sharp eyes, which used to look like hungry eagles, have softened completely.

And above all, the golden color of her eyes.

This change in color-matched Ramilio's noble, well-behaved, and slightly shy personality, and in fact, seemed to increase his attractiveness.

Even Bosco, who was used to seeing him, would sometimes joke, "....Who are you?"

"....Confidence will soon follow."

Lucrezia said, looking at Ramilio's attractive face.

"Hey, let's call the newspapermen and tell them to give him a new nickname. How about Ramilio Biko?"

"I don't think we can do anything so embarrassing."

"Then we'll have to have a party. Then we'll have to have a party, inviting all the people who have ridiculed you as a monster."

--I can only imagine.

I'm sure everyone will be surprised.

"I will smile in front of all those who have laughed at the Master, calling him an abomination."

Ramilio scratched his head, but then he looked straight at Lucrezia as if he had made up his mind.

--What is it?

"Lucrezia. I want to give you a gift for the party. I want you to have a complete set, from head to toe."

"Well..., thank you very much.

Ramilio misunderstood, but Lucrezia did not need money. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to explain it to you, but Ramilio, whose face turned red, opened his mouth first.

"I just want to show off to everyone that I have a beautiful wife."

Lucrezia covered her mouth with her hands and began to cry with happiness.

"Yes, yes! Master, of course!"

"Well, then..., I'll get back to you with the details."

--I'm not sure what to say.
***

One day, Falco was taken into custody by the guards who came to his house.

"What are you doing?"

"Come on! Don't dawdle!"

Falco was roped like a sinner and pushed into the carriage.

I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm confused.

The guards dragged him to a place further inside the king's chambers.

This was the part of the king's bedchamber that only the most intimate people were allowed to enter.

Falco was made to kneel in a rope and was granted an audience with the king.

"You've done it."

The king looked down at him arrogantly and said, "Is it you, Falco, who has laid hands on my friend's sister?

Falco's eyes widened when he saw the figure standing behind the king. I'm not sure what to make of it.

"....His Royal Highness, Crown Prince Raish."

It brought back memories of the time he went to visit Rai's embassy.

"He wants your head."

Falco felt the blood drain from his body.

"Why, your majesty?"

"Don't you know?"

The king stated plainly.

"In Rai, it is a crime of death to take away a man's chastity before marriage. A man who is a relative of the family will kill the other man at all costs, for the honor of the family. There are no exceptions."

"No, that's ridiculous.... I've never heard of that."

"I would like to present Falco to you and be done with it. It is a fool's errand to cross swords with Rai. I don't want to think that our friendship will end like this."

--You're lying... You're abandoning me!

Falco almost started to panic.

He said, "Please.... help me, Your Highness! I didn't know!"

Raish is smiling impatiently.

"I didn't know," he said, "I was studying...." 

"That's all you people ever say. I'm angry with you, Falco-dono."

"I'll make amends in any way I can!"

"Then die and pay for it."

The crown prince drew his sword with ease.

Falco suppressed his thudding heart and quickly looked at the king and Lychee in turn.

--I'm allowed to wear a sword in the presence of the king ...., which means...
Falco began to run frantically.

"Don't let him get away! After him!"

While listening to the Crown Prince's orders behind him, he ran anyway.

In this game of tag for his life, Falco was able to achieve incredible speed. He passed through the king's room, trudged down the corridor, and out into the garden.

--If I go back to the house, I'll just get caught again....! But where do I go....?

With nowhere to run, Falco ran and ran.

***