20 - The Truth

The next day, after finishing the treatment and rewrapping the bandages.

Lucrezia took her eyes off Ramilio for a while and put away the medicines. All of them were dangerous medicines, so they needed to be properly controlled so that Ramilio would not accidentally touch them.

I guess that was not a good idea.

"Lucrezia? Have you left already?"

The arm that Ramilio stretched out without a second thought hit Lucrezia.

--!
"I'm sorry,...I got hit."

"No, no...."

It's not like Lucrezia was embarrassed, but Ramilio couldn't see anything. I'm sure he doesn't even know where he touched.

"I'm putting away the medicine, and I'll be finished in a few minutes, so please wait. When you're done, I'll read to you."

I looked back at Bosco, who had been helping me with the surgery by holding a candle just below my face, and saw him staring at me with an unamused look on his face.

"'....When do you two expect to get engaged?"

Ramilio's voice turned upside down as he countered Bosco's question.

"We have no plans! I told you that yesterday!"

"So why do you want to go down that thorny path? If you don't decide soon, we'll have to make our arrangements."

"Persistent!"

--I want you to be able to talk to me as happy as you talk to Bosco.
***

Lucrezia was a little cranky that day.

Lucrezia has been visiting the chapel frequently.

It was the priest who told Ramilio that.

The full-time chaplain of the chapel of Palazzo Pastore has been there since before Ramilio was born. He is a very old man, and Ramilio seems to be nothing more than a sniveling child.

The priest traveled to Ramilio's bedside, where he was recuperating, and began to talk at length languidly.

"She often comes here to pray, but lately she's been getting jealous of people. She didn't say it outright, but she said that she wanted to be friends with someone of high rank, but the man always seemed to be friends with the men in his entourage, and she couldn't get between them."

Ramilio wished he hadn't asked.

--Oh no, isn't she too cute already?

What was he supposed to do, be jealous of Bosco? That was a rotten relationship for Ramilio.

The priest continued his sermon in a serious tone. The priest continued his sermon in a serious tone, saying, "Normally, you should not blabber about the secrets you hear from others. However, if it is about a noble young lady, and it is a love affair, Ramilio should do whatever he can to stop her before she makes a terrible mistake. As the head of this family, he has a responsibility to his daughter who was entrusted to him by a stranger."

In short, Ramilio guessed that the priest had fallen in love with the pretty young lady who kept coming to him. So, he must have come to warn her not to be rash with her.

Ramilio raised his right hand lightly as if swearing an oath to the heavens.

"I swear to you, I have done nothing wrong. Of course, I have some guilty thoughts. But they are the kind of feelings that everyone has when they see a beautiful girl, and I have a reason, and I have complete control over them with my power."